necessary or not, an apology nonetheless - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-09-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
The NY Gecko
necessary or not, an apology nonetheless

sorry for the old jokes folks. ill keep that to a minimum if possible. although in good fun im sure that some of you dont appreciate it although only about 3 are the real targets. so, apologies.

Old 05-10-2006, 03:03 AM   #2
coyote
What is the problem with your jokes?

Old 05-10-2006, 03:55 AM   #3
A_Kendergirl
Jokes are all fine and good, but the issue I had with many of them were that they are off-color (You're old, ugly, etc), and then it continues for several posts. It's simply pushing it too far.

We all know how Marcia is a mean old gecko lady. The difference being, when she talks about people being old and ugly and mean, most of the ribbing is directed towards herself and it's funny, not offensive....after all, how can a red-haired beauty with all those lovely geckos possibly be mean? That's just silly.

The problem I have is when Tom says "Man, you guys are ugly", with no mention of himself, all the ribbing is directed outward and can easily be mistaken as being something other than a joke. That normally wouldn't irritate me, but then you get to read the same thing a few more times despite people hinting it's not so funny anymore. It's only after people really get annoyed that he stops and says something along the lines of "Geez, I was just joking, sorry".

Part of this is you just showing your YOUNG age . I wouldn't be afraid of making jokes...just try not to push it so far.

And that's all I have to say about that. I hope this post made some sense...I'm partially delirious from lack of sleep.

Old 05-10-2006, 04:16 AM   #4
KelliH
Ah, it's ok Tom. I know, when you are 15 years old, 30 or 40 seems like a lifetime away. You'll get there eventually, and I PROMISE you will like being 30 much more than being 15! All I ask is that you try and respect the other members' feelings, which is what we all should do. I also think it was nice of you to apologize, it takes a good person to do that in public. Kudos.

BTW, I deleted your post that quoted the lyrics. Frankly, the general tone and derogatory terms used in the post were offensive. Let's keep things clean from now on, shall we.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #5
A_Kendergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
You'll get there eventually, and I PROMISE you will like being 30 much more than being 15!
AMEN to that! Well, I haven't reached 30 yet, but I can say 26 is about a billion times better than 15 was.

30 might be a little crazy for me...I'll be dealing with the terrible threes around that time!

Old 05-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #6
USAGECKOS
30's are great! (So far...LOL)

Old 05-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #7
BalloonzForU
Yes, thirties are fun! But I wouldn't mind being a kid again, like when work is overwellming and I just want the summer off. Man we had it made as kids, being a grown up suck sometimes. The only thing good is you can stay up as late as you want, watch R movies without having someone else buy your ticket for you...LOL, eat what you want, etc. The best thing about being an adult I would have to say is looking at all the things I've been able to accomplish so far. And the things that matter most, my kids and my family, my biggest accomplishments.

So, Tom, don't rush to grow up, enjoy being a kid while you can, it will be gone before you know it. Then some smart A$$ kid will be calling you old.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #8
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalloonzForU
Yes, thirties are fun! But I wouldn't mind being a kid again, like when work is overwellming and I just want the summer off. Man we had it made as kids, being a grown up suck sometimes. The only thing good is you can stay up as late as you want, watch R movies without having someone else buy your ticket for you...LOL, eat what you want, etc. The best thing about being an adult I would have to say is looking at all the things I've been able to accomplish so far. And the things that matter most, my kids and my family, my biggest accomplishments.

So, Tom, don't rush to grow up, enjoy being a kid while you can, it will be gone before you know it. Then some smart A$$ kid will be calling you old.
and undoubtfully youll still be calling me a brat.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #9
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Kendergirl
We all know how Marcia is a mean old gecko lady. The difference being, when she talks about people being old and ugly and mean, most of the ribbing is directed towards herself and it's funny, not offensive...after all, how can a red-haired beauty with all those lovely geckos possibly be mean? That's just silly.
Now, THAT is silly... especially the 'red-haired beauty' part! LOL!!!

ATTENTION: Only I have permission to call myself old, ugly, and mean. Others that do will understand the 'mean' part! (Unless they are older, uglier, and meaner than I am...)

Old 05-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #10
Supahypegex
I sure can't say the thirties are fun. heck I keep having dreams of the good old days from the 1970's

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!