a freebie from work (rosy boa) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-11-2006, 06:03 PM   #1
markface
a freebie from work (rosy boa)

i was working at the petshop today when a lady came in with a really nice critter she couldnt keep . she is moving to oklahoma or someplace out that way . anyways she didnt want anything for it so my boss offered it to me for free . i am now the proud new owner of a real nice female coastal rosy boa she is a full grown 03 model . i think she is just beautiful and she fits right in with my future plans . i got a few pics before i put her in her new home to settle in .

she has a sweet disposition and though i havent fed her myself yet , i was told by the previous owners that she is a little garbage disposal . she is an unexpected addition but since i had new quarters all set for the 2 rosy's i have on layaway , i had somewhere to put her and i'll just get another tank to replace it . i'm stoked , this is just another little bonus to my growing addiction .

Old 10-14-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
aliceinwl
Awesome snag! She's a great looking snake. You might want to consider posting your pics on the www.localityrosys.com forum and see if anyone can identify a locality for her. She's beautiful and seems to have a really distinctive look to her. I'd be curious to know what she is.

-Alice

Old 10-14-2006, 10:17 PM   #3
markface
thank you . i was just looking for sites on rosy's the other day and ran across that one . i havent had time to actually do more than skim over it , but i will definately check it out .

Old 10-14-2006, 11:53 PM   #4
MFLuder
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinwl
Awesome snag! She's a great looking snake. You might want to consider posting your pics on the www.localityrosys.com forum and see if anyone can identify a locality for her. She's beautiful and seems to have a really distinctive look to her. I'd be curious to know what she is.

-Alice
How can someone assign a locality if no locale information was provided? That would be irresponsible and would undermine the Rosy hobby. Appearance is not always reflective of location as there is so much variation and it may not be a good idea to encourage this practice of assigning a locality without knowing any history.

Old 10-15-2006, 01:46 AM   #5
aliceinwl
I guess I didn't come across clearly. I wasn't meaning that he should try to assign a locality to her so that he could produce "locality pure" offspring (that would not be possible). But, often times people do seem to be able identify subspecies (coastal vs desert etc). There can be some interesting speculation as well as to what localities it might be from, or what localities were crossed to make it.

I also think she's a lovely snake. If someone were to say she looks like a snake from such and such locale, I'd probably add that locale to my wish list So, I'm kind of curious as to what people think she might be.

-Alice

Old 10-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #6
markface
well , i took your advise alice . last night i posted some pics on localityrosys to see what people think .

Old 10-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #7
Stevefromsd
I'm just curious where they said they think she's from. I actually have a couple that look a lot like her!

Old 10-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #8
markface
i've only gotten one reply over there and they said they think it looks like it came from the nichols road area .

Old 10-26-2006, 10:21 PM   #9
aliceinwl
I kind of wonder if she could be a cross between a couple of localities. She seems to have a lot of black tipping like the Carrizo Rd, but more orange. I can't seems to find any that match perfectly. She's a cool snake.

-Alice

Old 10-27-2006, 08:05 AM   #10
markface
thank you . i think she is beautiful and would love to find a mate for her . i just dont know what i should look for to put with her .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!