Info on boa genetics? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
Tobyyy_Twiztid
Info on boa genetics?

Hello, I am a just getting started out in a few boa breeding projects. I am by no means a professional breeder just have a few snakes and would like to see if this is something I can do. I have been keeping large reptiles for many years but have never really done any breeding so genetics are not something I am super familiar with. If anyone with experience is willing to talk to me about different breeding styles and genetic and you have the patience to deal with it I would love some help with this. Just PM me on here I check the forums religiously.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobyyy_Twiztid View Post
Hello, I am a just getting started out in a few boa breeding projects. I am by no means a professional breeder just have a few snakes and would like to see if this is something I can do. I have been keeping large reptiles for many years but have never really done any breeding so genetics are not something I am super familiar with. If anyone with experience is willing to talk to me about different breeding styles and genetic and you have the patience to deal with it I would love some help with this. Just PM me on here I check the forums religiously.
What kind of questions do you have? When I first started breeding boas, I asked myself, why I wanted to do it in the first place. Once that was answered, I then had to figure out which direction to go. Did I want to perfect what I already had? Breed for something I didn't have? These are some good questions to ask yourself. Of course, you gotta have the room, the time and the resources to take care of the extra little ones. Plan for the bad, not the good. There are a lot of people on here that can help, rather than PM, maybe leave this puble to help others as well? Just my 2 cents. Hope we can help.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Kristi23
The complete boa constrictor is a great book to read. There is quite a bit of info on morphs and all the different localities.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!