transporting ball python - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-26-2005, 02:34 PM   #1
liteningrod
Post transporting ball python

I'm new to this thing, just so everyone knows. I have a question regarding transporting a 1 1/2 year old male ball python about 1800 miles by personal vehicle. Any suggestions? I know about placing them in a pillow case. Will this trip stress out my pet? What about watering intervals? He'll be fed just before I leave.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:43 PM   #2
Cat_72
I wouldn't feed him right before you leave, I would be afraid that the stress and jarring around of the car ride may cause him to regurge. I'd either feed him at least a couple of days before hand, or wait until you reach your destination. As far as water....I would say just make sure he's well hydrated before you leave. I would assume you'd be making the trip in two days, he should be fine until you get to where you're going, unless its extremely hot in your vehicle.....and do NOT leave him alone in the car if it's hot out, it doesn't take long for temps to get extremely hot in a vehicle left parked....

Old 07-26-2005, 07:47 PM   #3
FreakOfNature66
A pillow case should be ok I think. And as far as watering I guess you could try once a day. I dont think hes gonna get dehydrated over a 2.5 day ride. Just make sure he doesnt get too hot or too cold. It will stress him out a little bit but shouldnt be to bad.

_________
Jessica Villa

Old 07-27-2005, 05:06 AM   #4
Scales N Things
Definatly make sure your car's AC is working... we lost a corn due to my mother and step-father thinking that 'they like the heat'.. we would have lost a step-father that day too if I had MY way... as far as stress, yeah, it'll stress him out a bit, but he should be ok.. we had to take all our herps up from Tucson to Phoenix (not a long trip at all, I know.. but my only experiance) and then stay in a hotel room because our appartment managers are spawns of satan... they wear all a-ok though we're actually going to have to take them all on another horribly long road trip, this one from Phoenix to Memphis, so we'll see how that works out... we're crossing our fingers..

~Laine and John | www.scalesnthings.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!