Brisket - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 05-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
Lucille
Brisket

I got some brisket recently at a bbq place and it was really good, and I'd like to be able to make a terrific brisket this weekend as good as the restaurant. Any of y'all have recipes that turn out really outstanding? I'm cooking this weekend and bought a nice already trimmed brisket for me and my son.
My outdoor bbq uses coal not gas, by the way.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
SamanthaJane13
Beef Brisket

Whereas this may not be traditional it is a sure way to cook a consistently good brisket. The recipe was designed using a combination of a Weber Kettle Grill and a standard oven.

* 1 whole beef brisket (point and flat) about 9-11 pounds
* 4 tablespoons paprika
* 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons salt
* 1 tablespoon ground oregano
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 2 tablespoons ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
* 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper

Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl to create the rub.
Apply dry rub liberally to all sides of brisket. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 48 hours. One-hour prior to cooking, remove brisket from refrigerator and unwrap.
Make a fire using 2 quarts of charcoal briquettes in a pile on one side of a Weber kettle grill.
Wrap 4 - 6 hickory wood chunks in a double sheet of heavy-duty tin foil, and prick at least 6 holes in the top of the foil pouch with a knife tip.
When fire is ready, place tin foil pouch on top of ash covered coals.
Set grill rack in place, and position brisket, fat side up, on side of rack opposite fire. Make sure that both top and bottom grill vents are open. Position holes in lid directly over brisket and cover grill.
Grill/smoke brisket without removing the lid, so that smoke permeates the meat for 2 hours.
Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 300 degrees.
Take brisket off the grill and wrap in a double layer of foil that is well sealed.
Place the brisket on a baking sheet and bake until internal temperature of meat reaches 210 degrees exactly, about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Remove brisket from oven, loosen foil at one end to release the steam, allow to rest for 30 minutes. Drain juices into a bowl and remove fat, then add to your favorite barbecue sauce.
Unwrap brisket and separate the flat cut from the point cut.
Slice thinly across the grain of the meat.

http://www.3men.com/barbecue.htm#Beef%20Brisket

Old 05-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
SamanthaJane13
This is the sauce from the same site-

Beef BBQ Sauce

* 1/2 cup butter
* 2 cups minced onion
* 4 cloves garlic, crushed
* 2 cups ketchup
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
* 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
* 2 cups chili sauce
* 1 cup brown sugar, packed
* 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 2 teaspoons black pepper
* 1 teaspoon cayenne

Heat the butter in a large non-reactive saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté' for 2 to 3 minutes, until just soft. Pour in the ketchup and chili sauce, and blend in well. Add the rest of the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

http://www.3men.com/barbecue.htm#Beef%20Brisket

Old 05-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
Lucille
Thank you, sounds good and I'm going to try it.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
SamanthaJane13
LOL-throw some of it into a deli cup & box with an ice pack and over-night it to me!!

I LOVE good brisket!!

There's a place up here in WNY-in the town of Clarence-named Al-E-Oops, and they have THE BEST ribs I've even had the pleasure of sinking my teeth into.

They even beat out the best ribs I had in Texas!!

They have their own smokers out on the patio.

I swear-I'm gonna get their sauce recipe if I have to sneak some out and send it to the labs at the Sheriff's Dept. for analysis.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
Lucille
It was sooooooooooo good. And, we roasted corn. That is so simple but delicious and different than boiling it.

The other kid went to the Burning Flipside festival near Austin, I'm waiting to hear how that turned out.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:40 PM   #7
SamanthaJane13
Oh, Lucille!!

I'm so glad everyone liked it!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!