looking for feedback concerning my TOS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:07 PM   #1
thomas davis
looking for feedback concerning my TOS

hey all just looking for feedback concerning my TOS ,should i be more/less descriptive?below is link,any feedback appreciated,thanks and i hope this is the right forum to post this in/??/?,,,thomasT&S reptlie farm

Old 01-18-2004, 07:39 PM   #2
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I strongly suggest ALL snakes(captive bred OR wildcaught)be examined and or treated for internal parasites by a qualified DVM upon/before entering a collection.All wild caught reptiles for sale will appear to be in overall good condition but have not been medically treated(unless stated) for diseases, parasites or illnesses which may be a normal part of the animal’s life in the wild. I do guarentee there will be NO external parasites(ticks,mites) on ANY reptile sold but.Due to the natural intestinal fauna/flora of snakes esp. w/c i do not guarentee against internal parasites.
Thomas in MHO in the above quote you want to leave everything in writing but it gets confusing. The first sentence is clear enough. Maybe you may want to add one on "free of external parasites" but again, in my opinion that should be it.

Quote:
As long as shipment is delivered on first delivery attempt.
Playing the devil's advocate: What if it is dropped at the door on first attempted delivery? In my opinion it should clearly state handed to the person and/or request a signature.

Quote:

W/C =Wildcaught = ,wildcaught
LTC =longterm captive = ,w/c in captivity 1year or more
CB = captive born = ,parents were w/c
CBB = captive bred and born = , parents cb
CH = captive hatch = ,from w/c gravid female
F1 = first generation CBB
F2 = second generation CBB and on,and on.
Very nice!

Regards

Old 01-18-2004, 10:49 PM   #3
thomas davis
yeah

thanks alvaro for responding,yeah i was thinking about the shipping thing,i shipped roughly 25 shipments last year with no problems other than 2 incidents where people were not there to receive and had to p/u at courrier's counter, all animals made it fine though,i ship next morning signature required i will word that in there somehow,,,,on the parasite thing i was kinda worried about the wording dont wanna scare but neither do i want to be held responsible for internal parasites either? on the otherhand i am very deligent and will guarentee against ext.mites.ticks, its still kinda work in progress thanks again ,,,,,thomas

Old 01-18-2004, 11:33 PM   #4
The BoidSmith
Quote:
on the parasite thing i was kinda worried about the wording dont wanna scare but neither do i want to be held responsible for internal parasites either?
The way you have the wording right now scares a little bit. You made a very valid point that very few people realize.

In the wild reptiles co-exist with parasites almost all their lives. It has even been suggested that some parasites are necessary to adequately digest the structural carbohydrates in herbivorous reptiles.

It is almost impossible to have a parasite free reptile, and as long as they are within acceptable levels, and the reptile feeds in clean new grounds they will not do much harm. The problem arises in captivity when stress, and less than ideal husbandry conditions (and contaminated prey) increases the parasite load. Now, if you want to spell everything out you might scare people that are not aware of this natural balance. If I were you I would keep it simple and straight forward: guaranteed free of external parasites and treated for internal, although a visit to the vet is recommended.

Take care!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!