Inquiry: "Santoury" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-24-2002, 11:08 PM   #1
E2MacPets
Inquiry: "Santoury"

Here's his kingsnake classified ad:
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=10&de=33039

2 cool pairs of leos, not normals
MA
Posted by Santoury (Contact Me!) on November 21, 2002 at 16:40:58

1 Hypo, tremper het, white stripe down back
1 Hypo, tremper het, paired with above. One is missing a small part of one front foot, otherwise both are perfect.
These two are proven with each other.

1 Hypo carrot tail, tail is stubby
1 rainwater het albino, and het for carrot tail, paired with carrot tail. Soon to be breeders.

I don't care for geckos, so I have been keeping these on a minimal feeding schedule to prevent ovulation/overactivity, etc. So, they are slim, but not unhealthily so. They all eat very well.
Make me an offer, or trade.
Thanks

------------------------

I think it goes without saying that this is someone to avoid. Just seeing if anyone knows anything more.

I believe his email is Santoury@aol.com and he possibly deals with Blue tongues, gator, savannah monitors as well as referenced in this kingsnake post (only thing i dug up after a brief forum search there)
http://forum.kingsnake.com/monitor/messages/94495.html

This individual was brought to my attention in another kingsnake post: http://forum.kingsnake.com/lgecko/messages/137011.html

and if you check there you'll see I have my own rant about another breeder as well...

Old 11-26-2002, 12:29 AM   #2
E2MacPets
Got the real name, the individual replied to the kingsnake thread: Jude Platteborze

Here is the post:
http://forum.kingsnake.com/lgecko/messages/137182.html

I got them in THIS condition, and needless to say, two others were already too far gone to save - these are the 4 that survived, and I am simply passing along the information given to me. I am not making myself out to be a breeder, or largely knowledgable about these guys. Actually, if I was, I would not be offering such "junk" for sale, see? I'm simply trying to pass them along to a better home, seeing that I PERSONALLY cannot give them the best right this moment.
A friend brought this to my attention, so I felt I should say hello - Instead of trashing me, you might see this as an opportunity to help some leos that didn't have a great home before. Needless to say, I'm not starving them either.
Feel free to email me, thank you.
Jude Platteborze
santoury@aol.com

Old 11-26-2002, 01:17 AM   #3
Seamus Haley
Quote:
I think it goes without saying that this is someone to avoid. Just seeing if anyone knows anything more.
I've known Jude for years and I would never personally do buisness with him... ever.

The guy's a real peice of work in a number of manners, he collects crappy animals at low prices then re-sells them. An attempt at acting as a broker but he doesn't sell anything worth having, he leaves animals on hold for months at a time then throws a fit if you sell them and keep his deposit (eight months later) his husbandry information is a bit sketchy at best and...

This part needs a bit of a disclaimer... Jude is deaf. I personally have no problems or predjudices surrounding this in and of itself, I have no negative thoughts whatsoever about the condition unto itself and no predjudices about anyone with that or a similar disability (outside of a basic assumption that they can't hear...) I myself am very nearly legally blind (it's just a matter of time)...

Jude hits local shows and shops in the New England area and plays his disability as a pity ploy to obtain free or reduced priced animals then re-sells them on-line at a profit. He deliberately goes after those he knows he can get at a discounted rate because of their existing condition (health problems)... He's been either banned or asked not to return to many local buisnesses and the remainder he tends to get, at this point, little or no service because most of the locals in New England have caught onto his scam.

Using a disability as a ploy to obtain free merchendise or livestock in order to re-sell unhealthy animals to unsuspecting buyers and having a shifty history with making good on deals makes Jude a lowlife in my personal opinion and I would never enter into any transaction with the man.

Old 11-26-2002, 02:11 PM   #4
dayer
Talking never heard of het for carrottail..........

I understand where you are coming from seamus. I am legally blind (since birth) and i was not raised with the fact "i had a disability". Needless to say It really gets under my skin seeing people try to play the pity part because of a disability or whatever you want to call it.blah just my imput

Old 11-26-2002, 08:06 PM   #5
Greg Riso
Seamus, I have met Jude in person several times and I'm a little upset with your portrayal of him. I traded some very prime Dumerils with Jude and in return got an awesome anery 100% het for striped albino and DH Snow. This animal was one of only five produced by CV Exotics and sold for $1,600 as a baby. I hardly call that a low end problem animal to be begged for and I know the animals he got from me were top shelf. I've never seen the side of him that you've described nor do I want to. You're entitled to your opinion but the person you described is not the one I met. Maybe I just feel sorry for him.

Old 11-26-2002, 09:06 PM   #6
E2MacPets
Greg, I would encourage you to view the kingsnake thread in question, although I have quoted him here. It definately lends itself to believing Seamus' perspective.

Old 11-26-2002, 10:02 PM   #7
Gill O. Bert
Angry AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Yea he suckered me, TWICE!

I almost don't want to post.
A friend of mine said Jude had a good price on Eastern Painted turtles. I wanted to stock a small pond with just easterns and made a deal with Jude, thinking he was a straight up business man. This is where my nightmare began!
He overcharged me for shipping, then ships the eastern painted turtles in a small box, (smaller than a shoe box) 1.25 $postage. And the box reads "Paint do not turn over" after laughing I cried when I saw the condition of the turtles. A male had a quarter of his face missing. Old injury but in bad shape. When you tell someone how good your reptiles are you don't send the junk!

Well any way he refuse to pay to have this reject sent back. Then he brought up an old friend of mine which he had done business with before and he wanted to make it right so I caved in and paid to have this deformed turtle returned only to believe he sent it to someone else. Well he sent another painted and it was diseased. I email him a few times and the turtle died in 10 days. I have yet to speak or email him again.
This guy is SCUM. He is one of the reasons we have this forum. I advise against purchasing his rejected stock You reap what you sew!

Old 11-30-2002, 03:20 PM   #8
Sue Henson
I had a run in with Jude myself. I was liquidating a small part of my collection (mostly Pituophis and Lampropeltis) when Jude contacted me and stated that he was interested in purchasing several animals. Black Pine snakes, some odd and ends kingsnakes, and some gopher snakes (vertabralis and affinis). The complete total came up to about $700 and he asked if I would give him a month to pay it off. Initially he asked for 3 months, but I told him that was entirely too long to lay away these snakes.
So the agreement was for a one month payment time and he was to send a portion of the money once a week. In the span of 3 months I recieved a whopping fifty dollars from the man. I told him at that point that he either needed to send me the rest of the money or he could consider his deposit lost *(which is my general policy, stated on all receipts), but that he had $50 credit if he wished to purchase something else somewhere down the line.

When I questioned him as to when he would finish paying off his snakes, I always got a new sob story. Unemployment, illness, just started school, etc. He also portrayed himself as a poor college student that wanted these snakes as pets, and shortly after he started jerking me around I saw his ads popping up on Kingsnake.com for animals he got during trades. He also started saying that he "didn't want this snake, how about that snake instead", which left me with an unsavory feeling about the whole thing.

Needless to say, he never finished the transaction and I haven't heard from him since then. Just my two cents with experiences of "Santoury".

Old 11-30-2002, 03:26 PM   #9
Sue Henson
Ugh, I forgot...(Teach me to post before I drink a caffeiney beverage)
About 3 weeks into my sale Jude contacted me and sent me a picture of a Grey Banded Kingsnake "someone had given him" and he said it was a generic, but could I please look at it and tell him what locale it resembled to me. I told him it looked a lot like a Hwy. 277 male that I owned, but that there wasn't really any way to ID his snake's locale.

Not 2 weeks later he was advertising this snake on Kingsnake.com as a Highway 277 locality Grey Band!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!