Need some good sites on where to find plans for boa and ball racks........ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-09-2004, 11:48 AM   #1
jayskee
Need some good sites on where to find plans for boa and ball racks........

I am looking for some good examples of how to build boa and ball python racks. I have found a few, but just want to find the best one. So if anybody can send me a few websites or some plans it would be great....Thanks..Joe

Old 03-09-2004, 01:39 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
Here's a neat rack design used at Exotics by Nature.
I'm about to begin construction on a variation of this design myself.

http://www.exoticsbynature.com/boarack.html

Old 03-10-2004, 12:43 AM   #3
jayskee
Thanks clay......

I appreciate the post up reply...I saw that one too! It does look like a good one.. You like that one......???? Is their any more you know of????/Thanks...Joe

Old 03-10-2004, 01:03 AM   #4
Clay Davenport
I like that design primarily for two reasons, it's lighter in weight, and has excellent ventilation without needing to burn holes in the tubs.
I will be altering the design a bit and using pegboard rather than the screen material, and will be using larger Iris CB-110 boxes.
Single stack racks are also easier to put together and move around than racks that hold multiple boxes per shelf. The drawback is it takes a little more material.

Here's a page for Marcus Jayne's ball python rack, it is a variation of the more conventional solid shelf style rack.

http://www.ballpython.ca/The%20Rack.htm

I recently built two single stack racks to hold 7 sterilite 28qt tubs each. I made it out of 1/2" plywood heated with 4" flexwatt.
I needed them in a hurry so didn't take the time to take the step by step pictures I usually do of my cage building. I'm still installing the heat tape in the second one, and plan on taking some pics of it to add to the caging section on my site before I put it into service. Since the actual assembly of the rack is self explanatory, I can demonstrate the rack construction with a few pictures of the finished product.
I hope to begin working on the new racks this weekend. I have the tubs and the materials, I just need the time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!