Head Bobbin in Long Beach... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
GreathouseFarm
Head Bobbin in Long Beach...

Hi Everyone,

Two years ago my herp passionate son asked me if I would help him breed his bearded dragon. He was 7 then. I have bred champion rabbits for many years and love all of our animals. He was given the task of reading several books to learn the requirements for breeding. He gave up two birthdays and Christmas gifts to help fund the project We still got him presents) And got dirty with dad and I to build the enclosures we planned. We do not expect to profit from this but hope to break even. If we do have anything in the green it will go towards his college fund. He plans to travel the world and study animals of all kinds... "but scaly are the best" he says. We are now welcoming our first clutches and excited to see what will be hatching later this year. We have some Sandfire Pastel x Citrus Orange babies now that have really great patterns! We love their unique patterns and will work to preserve these characteristics. Our second pairing was from our "Scarlet" who is the daughter of Rick Milspaughs "Ginger" (cover photo - Bearded Dragons in Captivity - Repashy) We expect her first hatchlings any day now! We are also working on creating hets for Translucent and Leatherbacks (eta later this year) to produce stronger offspring. (no silkies) We will stay small and handle all of our babies because they are each special in there own way and deserve the best start in life. Well that's a bit about us... we hope to meet many of you at our first Reptile Super Show in SD! Still setting up our website but it's www.greathousefarm.com

Old 05-25-2010, 01:46 AM   #2
Utta
Welcome Beth and crew! ill be attending the SD show as well! lets hope DAND will make a guest appearance (once you've been here a little longer you'll understand that )

Old 05-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
shinezilla
*Bobs and waves*

That is awesome Beth, a job well done to your son! It's always exciting popping out the first clutch of the season!

Post pictures in the Bearded Dragon Forum when those babies hatch!!!

Old 05-25-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
crissabella
Welcome to Fauna, Beth and family

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!