Leopard Hybrid Baby - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
AdamR
Leopard Hybrid Baby

Hey everyone,
I recently started working at a pet store and since then I have found a few leopard babies that just aren't quite right. The other employees say that they've found them for years but don't know where the adults are or what the exact cross is. They look just like a leo except they are shaped like a tokay. The shop has AFT, Leo's, and Tokays but the babies don't look much like an AFT to me. Also, others have said that they've never been able to keep one alive for very long. I took the latest find home to try my luck.

Any thoughts on what these might be. They have sticky pads and toenails if that helps. I will attempt pics soon.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
snowgyre
Can't really help without photos. All I can tell you is that they're not hybrids... tokays can't interbreed with fatties or leos, and fatties and leos produce unfertile eggs. Also, sticky pads definitely rules out anything in Eublepharidae (the eyelid geckos). I'm guessing you just have a species of gecko that nobody there can identify.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
Spyral
Pics would be great!

Old 08-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
312Herps
could just be the effects of inbreeding , photos would definitely help.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
GreenTreePython13
Wow I'd love to see these animals! I can't make any guesses without pictures though. Sounds really cool too

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!