Help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-16-2007, 11:35 PM   #1
Driftboat
Help

My veil been pale brown and outlined in white , he has been sitting on the bottom of the cage lately and now stopped eating , I been thinking he has been stressed with the new plant I put in the cage , im getting scared now and thinking about a vet , Please........

Old 09-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
Dave W.
Howdy Robert,

Usually Veileds don't become stressed to the point of what you described from just a plant change. Since you mentioned the new plant, there is always a possibility that the plant had enough pesticide residue to affect your chameleon. If the leaves were not thoroughly washed and the roots re-potted by you then you will want to remove the plant until you sort things out.

Post lots of info about his environment and your husbandry. Photos of everything are great too. We need to know a lot more about his age, size, foods, vitamins and minerals along with how often used. Watering techniques and amount, lighting including make, model, age and distances, hours. Temperatures, cage type and size, location, etc, etc. The more the better. Find a good exotic reptile vet and make an appointment. If something is wrong enough to put him on the bottom like that, there may not be much time to turn things around.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!