J&J Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:48 AM   #1
grunt_11b
J&J Reptiles

I wanted to let everyone know that Josh is a really good guy to deal with. He's prompt with e-mails and his animals are top notch. I can't wait to do business with him again. THanks again Josh for your patience and everything.

Alan

Old 02-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
edf01
Hello,
I had just purchased a female bp from JnJ reptiles as well. Everything went super smooth and yes, Josh was very professional and helpful! The snake arrived packaged safe and securely, and the snake was in great condition!

I'd highly recommend them and will do business with them again in the future!!

Janet

Old 03-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #3
grunt_11b
I got a normal female in this group and she didn't eat the whole time i've had her. She also had diareha really bad. I was going to take to the vet this past Wed but she died on tue night. Well then I take my pinstripe male to get checked for parasites (because I thought thats what killed the female) and the vet found that he has parasites too. So now I'm having to treat all these snakes for parasites. I hope I have caught this in time and I don't lose anymore snakes.
I've been kicking it around to post this or not and I came to the conclusion that potential buyers should know what happened. I also called the guy Josh and let him know what happened. He told me he doesn't have any problems with his collection. He said the snake could've gotten a bad rat and that killed her. I don't think that is the case. I think his quarantine practices are zilch. He gets imports in and keeps them together. Even the vet said to treat them all because if one snake from him has the parasite, we don't know if the whole place is infested. He also said he give me a discount on any other purchases I make from him. YEAH RIGHT!!!!
Well I hope this helps some other unsuspecting buyer, because their were people that tried to help me and I didn't take their advice. It's your decision to buy from them in the end I'm just relaying my experience.

Thanks
Alan

Old 03-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
norsmis
Alan, what type of parasites were found? How long have you had the snake? Some parasites can come from rats and mice.....

Old 03-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
jnjreptile
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt_11b
I got a normal female in this group and she didn't eat the whole time i've had her. She also had diareha really bad. I was going to take to the vet this past Wed but she died on tue night. Well then I take my pinstripe male to get checked for parasites (because I thought thats what killed the female) and the vet found that he has parasites too. So now I'm having to treat all these snakes for parasites. I hope I have caught this in time and I don't lose anymore snakes.
I've been kicking it around to post this or not and I came to the conclusion that potential buyers should know what happened. I also called the guy Josh and let him know what happened. He told me he doesn't have any problems with his collection. He said the snake could've gotten a bad rat and that killed her. I don't think that is the case. I think his quarantine practices are zilch. He gets imports in and keeps them together. Even the vet said to treat them all because if one snake from him has the parasite, we don't know if the whole place is infested. He also said he give me a discount on any other purchases I make from him. YEAH RIGHT!!!!
Well I hope this helps some other unsuspecting buyer, because their were people that tried to help me and I didn't take their advice. It's your decision to buy from them in the end I'm just relaying my experience.

Thanks
Alan

Infractions: 0 (0)
Re: New Balls

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to clear this up,

We do not keep imports near our c.b animals, they are kept in a separate room.

The female in question that the "parasites " supposedly came from was a normal female that we had gotten in on a order about a week before Allen contacted us about the package deal. When we were getting ready to run his card we mentioned an adult pastel male that we could do for $125 and we would throw in a free normal female. He bought them both, when he got them he put the pastel and the pin in with the normal female, she was something that just came in on a order as a bonus animal . As we told Allen we buy and sell a lot of animals, we had no history on the female, but from what he said she must have had worms, and by handling her/putting the males in with her they must have come into contact with worms.
We explained this to him yesterday, and apologized about the problem, we have sold 1000's of animals without any problems, and do not have any problems with anything here.
If we had seen any diarrhea or any other signs of parasites we would have wormed the animal as we keep wormers on hand prescribed by our vet , something every one should do.

As for the "bad rat" that was just an example of how a animal could have gotten worms, we hadn't fed her here as we did not have her long enough to offer food, if he had contacted us about a problem with her we could have steered him in the right direction and given him advise before his other animals came into contact with her.
If she had diarrhea then why was she placed with other animals.

This is not an excuse its the entire story, the animals we have here are fat and healthy, it was 1 normal female that had a problem out of all the animals we have /have sold.

Another reason NO MATTER WHERE your animals came from you should always quarantine as a precaution.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #6
varnyard
Alan, I hate to say it, but you knew she was a wild caught animal. As for quarantine, did you quarantine this female?

Any time you buy wild caught or captive hatched animals it is always best to get the floats done and get them treated. And always quarantine them; she had no business at all being close enough to your animals to cause the transmission of parasites.

J&J deal in a bunch of wild caught stock, I do not think they guarantee them to be parasite free, or proven feeders, it is always best to ask these questions before you buy them.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
The BoidSmith
Well we just placed an order for an adult ball female we needed for a breeding project. It's supposed to arrive next week. So far communication has been excellent.

Thanks.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #8
grunt_11b
I was not told this animal was wild caught. He said he got her from another guy. And as far as quarnantine He sold me the female with a pastel male So I could "go ahead and get to breeding" so what was I to think. I thought that meant she was ok. I did quarantine the animals from the other animals I have. But why would I quarantine all the animals I got from him, if he said to go ahead and breed the girl. I thought they were all good.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #9
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt_11b
I was not told this animal was wild caught. He said he got her from another guy. And as far as quarnantine He sold me the female with a pastel male So I could "go ahead and get to breeding" so what was I to think. I thought that meant she was ok. I did quarantine the animals from the other animals I have. But why would I quarantine all the animals I got from him, if he said to go ahead and breed the girl. I thought they were all good.
Thats a good question, Josh, did you tell him that she was fine and to breed them?

As for her being a WC, did he say she was not WC? Most of the big breeder size girls he sells here are WCs.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #10
shrap
ALWAYS QUARANTINE NEW ARRIVALS AWAY FROM YOUR ESTABLISHED ANIMALS!!! ALWAYS!!!

I dont care who they come from or what the seller says.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!