BOI Resolution Idea - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Sirengarg
BOI Resolution Idea

I have a BOI thread that has become resolved. The thread is over 10 pages. I wanted to add as an edit at the bottom of the post that it was resolved and to see the page with the resolution, but I can't. I know too many people are lazy and will read a page or two and quit. Perhaps it would be permissible to let the original poster or a moderator edit the original post.

What do ya think?

Old 09-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
hhmoore
BOI posts are not edited - by the OP, or the moderation team. In some cases, we will totally remove posts due to rule violations...but that is typically related to posting anonymously despite multiple warnings. Most other things are left in place & addressed with the infraction system.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
Sirengarg
I understand and knew all that. It was just a suggestion from my own experience

Old 09-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
hhmoore
(submitted before I completed my thoughts)

While I understand your concern...and those of many others that have presented similar ideas, the general policy is unlikely to change for a couple of reasons.
1) If the OP could edit his posts, the BOI would be changed significantly - and not for the better. How many sellers have tried to make good just to make a thread go away, or have information changed? Look at all the people that have said they would not make good unless/until those things happened. What about threats that have been made? How many people do you think would cave to those tactics if they could change their words?

2) If the moderators were changing things there would be issues too:
a) People would say we were showing favoritism if we changed a thread for somebody we didn't like...or didn't change something for someone they did. As has been said repeatedly - we will not be put in the position of serving as judge or jury. We are not deciding who is right, or when an issue is resolved.
b) If we edit the content, we become "co-authors"...and subject to liability, if legal action is taken.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
Utta
You can add a tag?

Old 09-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
hhmoore
I'm not sure of what benefit that would be...I thought tags are to aid the search functions (both site-specific and internet)

Old 09-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
Utta
*shrug* when goin to the next page, they could see its been resolved.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
chamgirl99471
If people truly do their research and read the threads through.. or at least the last page like I sometimes do... they should be OK.... Wouldn't worry too much about it... One way or another people will make their own decisions reguardless of whether an issue was resolved or not

Old 09-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #9
Sirengarg
You're right Catharine, hopefully people take the time to read the whole post.

I did not think of the legality with it. I understand why edits are not allowed, completely.

Its just too bad there simply wasn't just an option not the edit the post at all, but an option to say "resolved" or "unresolved". Like a check box or something similar. But the system works all the same

Old 09-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #10
WebSlave
Well, let me ask you this. If you were interested in doing business with someone, and they had a 10 page thread on the BOI, wouldn't you read the entire thing?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!