Bad Guy Steve at TheVeiledChameleon.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:46 AM   #1
Sirengarg
Thumbs down Steve at TheVeiledChameleon.com

My name is Crystal Rodriguez.

I purchased a blood python as a gift for my boyfriend in July. Steve overnighted it and told me it would arrive early afternoon. I emailed him when it did not and asked for a tracking number. Around 4:30 we got a reply, it was sent by UPS (who prohibits the shipment of snakes) and UPS said it was delivered at 11:30AM to the WRONG address. My boyfriend rushed to get the snake who was still in the box. The label he hand wrote was faded and somewhat illegible, so UPS delivered it a few streets over. When he got her out, she was noticably stressed and dehydrated. I kept Steve up to date with this. We gave her several days to acclimate and tried to feed, she refused. I contacted Steve to let him know I was having trouble feeding and asked for his help as well as an extension on the warrenty for one additional week. He NEVER replied to my repeated phone calls or emails. Not ONE. He knew the snake was sick. I was willing to ship back the snake for refund or exchange but he never emailed me back so the warranty expired. She passed away the other day. She never took one meal. We tried every which way, frozen, alive, brained, scented, putting her in a box with just her and the hopper, tried different colored mice, we probably went through about $30 worth of mice trying to get the snake to eat. We named her Wadjet. I was notified of her passing by my 11 year old daughter who called me at work sobbing. On Monday, I am seeking legal advice and will be taking him to court. I am seeking the full amount and nothing more. I just want the money back for her, so that I may go to a more reputable seller/breeder. One who cares about their animals long after they got their pockets full.

I feel I did all in my power to work with this guy. I contacted him before the warranty was expired. I didn't want to return her, as I felt another shipment would kill her, but I didn't want to start off on such a bad note. The fact he NEVER replied back as to help me in any course of action to rectify the matter makes us feel we are entitled to a refund.

In an email, I told him he had by Monday to reply back or I will seek legal action. As in all things, hindsight is 20/20, it appears he has done this to others. http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florid...gs-fl-92019622

3 complaints, NONE resolved because he never tried to resolve them. However, I am not one to lay down on something like this. If I have to take him to court, so be it. I feel others should know about his awful practices.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:58 AM   #2
Omnomnami
I'm really sorry to hear this...

I know you said you told him via email he had until Monday to reply before you take legal action but have you also notified him of this thread? It's always best to do so so the other party can post their replies (if they decide to do so) since he has been called out publicly.

Best of luck with your situation.
Nichole Schaan

Old 08-07-2010, 02:05 AM   #3
Sirengarg
I will do that too. I'll email him now with the link. I have no qualms with him coming on here and defending himself. I already see one of the other people who work there is already a member here but hasn't posted in a long time too.

I did save all evidence to the fact. Including emails, the box and packaging she was sent in, I had taken a picture of her the moment we first put her in her tank as well. And we have her in the freezer

This is the picture of her from his website. Which the picture is STILL there, on his website.

This is what she looked like when we got her.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:15 AM   #4
Omnomnami
Posting any proof such as emails and pictures of the deceased animal is always helpful. These threads are here to stay so it's always best for people to learn as much as they can from other peoples experiences. I for one would like to hear what he has to say. Things like this should never be ignored. It seems to me like the snake was shipped off in poor health. Possibly dehydrated from the get-go.

Again, good luck. I hope this thread gets his attention.

Nichole

Old 08-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #5
Sirengarg
I hope he replies as well. To my emails and this thread. Court is a headache in itself, but I have a different value system then some. While others might just swallow the loss and move on, I am one who wants to see things set right.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:36 AM   #6
Utta
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=151442

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=151502

Your not the only one he's screwd over. Sorry to hear of another person he's stolen money from

Old 08-07-2010, 02:41 AM   #7
Sirengarg
Yeah, I did a search a bit ago and found those and even more than that I hate feeling scammed especially when I should have been more vigilant and looked for this stuff BEFORE I sent money. I'm glad a friend told me to check out here though. From now on, I will rely on this site for a lot of info on any more future purchases.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:44 AM   #8
Utta
Good luck on your legal actions.

Old 08-07-2010, 04:06 AM   #9
shinezilla
He's screwed over a good friend of mine which is the 1st BOI post Ty linked... http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=151442

I haven't asked Cindy recently since it tends to upset her when it gets brought up, but as of a couple months ago... He still owes her money for the Veileds she wholesaled to him.. And this happened in '09

Sounds like the same crap he pulled with her... He basically fell off the face of the earth when hit the fan.

Good luck

Old 08-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
jlexotics
Steve and his Girlfriend post on Kingsnake.com as Lieber.

He is local and I delt with him personally. I will never deal with him again. He's one hell of a con-artist! He owes everyone under the sun money. He's your best friend while things are going well and he's making money. Next he takes your animals and dodges phone calls and knocks at the door!

A real piece of work this guy is!

If you purchased through kingsnake.com please file a complaint or e-mail and ask how to do so.

He owes me $300 I will never see. I actually saw him the other day at a pleace I frequent, It's good thing I'm a far better person, a far better man!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!