Bad Guy JOSE PEREZ (BAD GUY) OX_GECKOS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:29 AM   #1
glassy
JOSE PEREZ (BAD GUY) OX_GECKOS

Well, to start off I contact this seller which had an AD up for two "Adult" eastern garter snakes. When I got them they turn out to be juveniles and Unhealthy ones to be exact. Both were not eating and both had marks(which appear to be scale rot) on the body. One of the snakes tail was in a VERY BAD condition. It was almost breaking off and trying to heal this snake died within a couple of days and I contact the seller to resend the snakes back to him and he refund my money but No word from him..The other snake is in my care and still alive and now it has started to feed. I treated for parasites.

Here are some emails:

RE: 08 - RE: okay thanks for the pics I'll have ur money soon‏
Sent: Sat 2/06/10 9:53 PM

Subject: RE: 08 - RE: eastern garters
To: josep60041@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 12:57 PM

yes, I will provide all the pictures even with scale rot this didn't happen on my care because I been talking to you how I got them since the first day.
I added the pictures for you to see, I did everything I could to save the snake.

Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 12:48:36 -0800

can i get a pic of the dead snake ?
also i will be paying you paypal is that okay with you ?
i really need a pic of the snake it seem really healthy when i had them ...

--- On Thu, 2/4/10, Roberto Rodriguez <wissin.edu@hotmail.com> wrote:

To: josep60041@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 12:24 PM

Jose,one of the snakes died today probably due to high number of parasites and health problems. I have pictures of the scale rot and the tail almost in two parts also the dead snake if you wish to see. These snakes came to me in really bad shape.. Please contact me about this problem. Thanks.

I have yet to get a responds from the seller and a refund so now I am force to warn people about his sells and his animals. I have added pictures of the condition of the snake arrived to me.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
LauraB
Just out of curiosity, is this Jose Perez possibly the same Jose Perez that goes by the Fauna user, "protech" (out of Miami, phone: 305 970-6656) ?

Old 02-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
glassy
No, I don't think so. This is his contact information:

JOSE PEREZ
1406 W CEDAR ST OXNARD CA

His Fauna Profile: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=52014

On his profile his says AZ but it's really CA

Old 02-27-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
After reading this I took a look at his profile and his past ads here. I noticed this ad as well as this post from another member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX_GECKOS
SOUTHERN ALLIGATOR LIZARDS
hi everyone i have for sale a trio of ltc proven breeders Elgaria multicarinata they are huge some of the biggest i have ever seen im asking 35 each or 100 for the trio i also have one of their cb babys from last year available for 25 shiping depends im located in az local pick up is available shiping will be 20.00
interested in trades let me know what you have
pics are really crappy from camera phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulator
BEWARE! Selling native reptiles illegally!!!
Jose indicated in his email replies to me that the species he is selling is the San Diego Alligator Lizard (Elgaria multicarinata webbii), which is the native subspecies of Elgaria multicarinata in Oxnard California.

I questioned him as his registration claims he lives in AZ and he verified that he lives in Oxnard, CA. I informed him of the State of California Law- Native reptiles may not be sold, possessed, transported, imported exported or propagated for commercial purposes... the possession limit is two in California and you will need to get a captive propagation permit if you want to keep any babies produced. Even with the captive propagation permit, babies cannot be sold and will have to be given away. This member is definitely selling native reptiles out of California.
His registration IP is out of Oxnard, CA.

Which would mean he has some serious problems with several of his posts and ads including this recent post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX_GECKOS View Post
I HAVE SOME CB JUV RATTLESNAKES I WOULD TRADE IF INTERESTED EMAIL ME AT JOSEP60041@YAHOO.COM

Trading/Bartering any Crotalus in CA is prohibited.
Considering he deleted the ad with your transaction, I will post it below for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX_GECKOS
2 adult eatern garter snakes
for sale are 2 ault eatern garter snakes 20.00 each or 30 for both sorry about the pic is really crappy from my camera phone
trades welcome for kings or milks check out my other adds for combine shiping
Also, just want to make a note about this blanket statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulator
I informed him of the State of California Law- Native reptiles may not be sold, possessed, transported, imported exported or propagated for commercial purposes.

There are several exemptions to this with a propagation permit including kings, and albinos of many species.

Anyway, it seems this "gentleman" is mostly selling/bartering W.C. local herps in violation CA state law.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
TailsWithScales
So would that mean it's time for me to contact my friends at California F&W????

He should be banned.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
TailsWithScales
Apologies for the double post.

Has he been made aware of this thread?

Hopefully the scammer /law breaker will come and explain himself but I'm guessing not.

Sorry for the loss of the animal and thank you for caring for the other and rescuing it.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
glassy
I have inform him that he was going to go on BOI if he didn't respond to any of my emails or private messages on here. I gave this guy a chance to make it right and didn't.

It's a shame people like this are in this hobby, I always buy from reputable breeders but I gave this guy a chance and just went horrible.

Thanks to all for everything.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #8
OX_GECKOS
just to let everyone know i was going to return his money i tought the snakes
were adults ,i do not have experince with garters .
my computer was not working for a few weeks thats why i could not return his emails
first he told me he would ship back the snakes as long as i return the money then he said i needed to pay half of the shiping cost .

and about the alligator lizards they are in arizona at my brothers house if anyone wanted some they would be shipped out from arizona not ca
i go over almost once a month to visit
they are not recent wc they are ltc

Old 03-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
Iraqvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OX_GECKOS View Post
just to let everyone know i was going to return his money i tought the snakes
were adults ,i do not have experince with garters .
my computer was not working for a few weeks thats why i could not return his emails
first he told me he would ship back the snakes as long as i return the money then he said i needed to pay half of the shiping cost .

and about the alligator lizards they are in arizona at my brothers house if anyone wanted some they would be shipped out from arizona not ca
i go over almost once a month to visit
they are not recent wc they are ltc
Still dosnt explian why you sold those snakes in such bad health??...Its always the same excuse.."my computer wasnt working"...Selling wild caught animals is a pretty low level of herping..I would never buy WC...You name is another one to add to the no go list...

Old 03-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #10
OX_GECKOS
i had just received the snakes they were ltc and i did not see them in bad health
and i did not catch these reptiles
if that is what you are trying to say

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
emily miranda, joe perez, josep60041@me.com