Couple of C.H. dinkers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Montoya
Couple of C.H. dinkers

I picked up a couple of dinkers over the last year I thought were interesting. Both have a similar look but are unrelated captive hatched. The male is breeding size now and I plan to breed him to a normal this year and get some offspring to work with. The female is next season as she still needs to get some size. What are your thoughts on these?

Female

Male

Old 01-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
snowgyre
They look like low-expression harlequins. I've got a harlequin with nearly a full stripe and virtually no side pattern and the same railroad tracks along the belly. I haven't bred her yet, so I have no idea if the pattern is genetic. I know ProExotics has a stripe line that is also very similar to these animals.

Very nice! I wouldn't mind expanding my harlequin collection at some point, so keep me posted if you get any cool looking babies. ;-)

Old 01-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Montoya
Both have similar colors which are hard to capture but both are still beautiful past the year mark. The belly is different on them, when she gets big enough I will put my butter on her first and see what happens. I think I will look into the harlequins as I am not that familiar with them. Thanks for the feedback, I will keep you updated, he is not taking to the girls yet even though he has good size. Can you post pics of yours?

Thanks,
Craig

Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
snowgyre
Sure! Here's the pair I can't wait to throw together. The female is a gorgeous, near full stripe harlequin. The male has a really interesting pattern that almost makes him look like a yellowbelly, except he's not... he's 100% het for pied, go figure! You can see the railroad tracks on the female, but the male's belly has the het pied markers, so it's impossible to tell if the railroad tracks are due to the markers or because of any odd patterning he's got.

The female:

The male:

Old 01-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
SERPENTS DEN
Nice looking Dinkers, good luck with them.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
Bob O'Brien
They look nice Craig good luck with them.

Vanessa them things are smokin

Old 01-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
Montoya
Vanessa, thanks for the pics, they are hot. When are you going to pair them? The female kinda looks similar to a granite mojave with better color.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
snowgyre
The female laid 5 eggs last year for her former owner, but unfortunately he lost the eggs in an accident (he was seriously bummed). She's only at 1200 grams right now and went off feed about 3 weeks ago. I can tell she should be in the 1500 grams range with how long her body is, so if I can't get her to gain some weight by spring I'll have to wait until next year.

The male is about 600 grams. I put him with a normal female to see if he was interested in girls, but he wasn't yet. If the harlequin girl isn't ready to go this year, I'll hold off on breeding him until next year. I don't have a huge collection, but I do have 2 2010 girls I bought for him. One's a yellowbelly 50% het pied, the other is a normal 100% het pied. They'll be ready to go in a couple of years, hopefully.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
Montoya
I just could not get this guy to go last season for anything. He went off feed a couple weeks ago so I paired him with a female just to check. I should be able to finally get something from him next year. How did breeding go with yours?

Old 10-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
snowgyre
I tried pairing them for the first time last week. The male is still a bit young (around 650 grams) so I'm not sure if he'll go or not. I'll keep trying. It's still early though, most of my balls don't take until December or so.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!