Bad Guy Daniel Strong - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:58 AM   #1
RobsGirl2011
Daniel Strong

Hello I am writing this to warn other people so they don't have to go through what I went through. I purchased what was suppose to be a 2012 male F&F Granite Calico (low white) from Daniel Strong. I was happy with the price and everything was fine. This purchase took place on April 20, 2014. He told me that he would be shipping it out on Monday April 21, 2014 through UPS with a "handoff to USPS". This is my first time having any animal, besides fish, shipped. I was only aware that snakes could be shipped through FedEx. But he assured me it was being sent overnight. Well as it turned out he sent it 2 Day Express mail. The box was not labeled for any live animals. When I opened the box, the first thing noticed was no heat pack. My night time temps were in the 40s and days in the 50-60s. There were tore up paper bags in the box for padding. The snake was in a bag at the bottom of the bag. He was not moving and extremely cold. I have notified my local post office that he did ship a snake through them and that it was also not packed properly with any form of heat.
So far the snake has been okay, but way more aggressive then he stated. He claimed it had great attitude towards handling. But instead it has struck at the side of the tub and hisses any time we even open it to give fresh water or clean the tub. We are leaving it be to help it settle in, but I have to make sure it has clean and fresh water.
I feel the need to let people know to be careful if they deal with him. He does not ship his snakes properly or legally.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2014, 03:41 AM   #2
sho220
Have you notified Daniel of this thread? Maybe he can explain why he sent it overnight yet the label is clearly marked 2 day. I'd also like to hear more about the UPS to USPS "hand-off"...????

Old 04-29-2014, 04:03 AM   #3
RobsGirl2011
I sent him an email stating I was posting this here. He blocked me on facebook after I started letting people know how he shipped the snake. He feels he did no wrong since the snake arrived alive.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:05 AM   #4
hhmoore
Both UPS and FedEx have programs with USPS...but neither of them is "express". (Feel free to investigate SurePost and SmartPost.) In both cases, the tracking is done through the originating shipper. In other words, he lied. That is clearly a USPS shipping label - meaning he brought it to the post office.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #5
joepythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
Have you notified Daniel of this thread? Maybe he can explain why he sent it overnight yet the label is clearly marked 2 day. I'd also like to hear more about the UPS to USPS "hand-off"...????
To take this to the full affect on this guy that sold her this snake.I chatted with him for some time and he feels he did nothing wrong.To him he THINKS he shipped it UPS BUT that label proves he is a lier.So please avoid this guy and dont fall for his lies and lets force him to leave our hobby.There are 2 other threads here on the same name but he swears they are not about him go figure

Old 04-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #6
joepythons
his words

This is his exact words in a reply to myself. Daniel Strong

As I have told Joseph Haggard. If you have a problem, contact me. I dont appreciate any of this. I shipped you a snake via UPS from my post and parcial. If you wanted it shipped a specific way you needed to say so. I would gladly have sent it FedEx. However at this point, you recieved a healthy snake, alive and well. I will not be doing further business with you Regina

Old 04-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #7
sho220
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
To take this to the full affect on this guy that sold her this snake.I chatted with him for some time and he feels he did nothing wrong.To him he THINKS he shipped it UPS BUT that label proves he is a lier.So please avoid this guy and dont fall for his lies and lets force him to leave our hobby.There are 2 other threads here on the same name but he swears they are not about him go figure
Did you happen to ask him about not using a heat pack? I'm gonna assume he thinks there was nothing wrong with that either. The shipping carrier is only part of the problem here...

Thanks to the OP for the heads up, and to you Joe for the additional info.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #8
joepythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
Did you happen to ask him about not using a heat pack? I'm gonna assume he thinks there was nothing wrong with that either. The shipping carrier is only part of the problem here...

Thanks to the OP for the heads up, and to you Joe for the additional info.
I tried my best talking to him but it was like talking to a wall.Its sad that people like him exist and prey on new people to the hobby. I only got involved when Regina (who is a friend on facebook) asked me if what he done was legal.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #9
laterob
Quote:
I will not be doing further business with you Regina
I don't think that carried the weight he intended it to.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #10
joepythons
more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
I don't think that carried the weight he intended it to.
Yea i thought that was interesting myself. So here is the other thread he pretends to be a female BUT he says its not him. I think it is since the area and info is similar you decide. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=Daniel+Strong

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!