LIve stock exporters in cameroon are scam artist - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
IBsmokin
LIve stock exporters in cameroon are scam artist

I got sucked in again by another company in Africa, this time Cameroon, they kept emailing me telling me how they needed someone to trust them and how they were honest and truly wanted to start a respectful business relationship, and me like a dummy trusted them and they sucked me in good, another couple of thousand gone!!
they even make you false documents so you believe them and tell stories about how they have the animals in some government quarentine but when I asked for proof all I got was fake numbers or when asked about it they danced around the subject. they even try to send me a fake AWB number thinkign I wouldnt call and verify the AWB number!

watch out for

SALLY NGOWO
livestock exporters cameroon.
BOX 321 limbe
cameroon.

and

Kulu Daniel,
livestock exporters cameroon
box 321 Limbe-south west provice.
cameroon.
africa
Tel; (237) 791 94 20.

they are the best scammer I met thus far.

please be careful of these scammer. never send money first to no one unless they have lots of references and make sure they are known, google them,
I have lost over $6,000.00 US dollars to scammers in the past 6 months, please dont make the same mistakes as me

Old 08-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
ravensgait
The first time I looked at this post I just moved on. I have to wonder though you said you'd been taken before? Why not give some facts here and explain what happened this time and well --before ..Randy

Old 08-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Wasnt there a thread just recently on these guys here on the BOI?

If they were giving you fake numbers and dancing around the subject wouldnt you say NO right off?

These people Prey on those lighthearted/gullible americans to do this kind of crap, and it sucks for the people who fall for it.

Im sorry dude. this really does suck for you.

Old 08-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
IBsmokin
facts ok.

well this time around this company kept emailing me repeatedly. saying they were looking for an importer who would like to start a business relationship with them, I asked for references, they said they had none, i told them no thankyou I have already been scammed before and do not wish it to happen again, so they kept asking me to help them that everyone is shooting them down, and they are honest people who need someone to trust them so they can get on the map basically, so I told them you send first then I pay and gave them my order. then they email me these documents of these animals the were going to ship to me including a vet check up etc. man it look legit, and they said they used their own money, at the time I didnt realize that in Cameroon you can apply for documents and then get you money back, so basically they use it as part of their scam. then they gave me this big story how the animals are all in this government quarentine and they need to pay the quarentine people and they used all their money up getting me the documents and how they had to pay their collectors and they dont want to lose their collectors because they are collecting all the other species I need, me like a dummy got all excited after seeing they had these snakes I been after for years now, got over zealous and sent them money, I sent 1000 and said send me an AWB number and I will send more money afterwards, anyways they never sent me an AWB number but gave me this story how they were goin to ship on a certain date and said they now needed money to make it to the airport, I refused and saidd no I sent enough, then the date came and they said it was my fault they missed the shipping date because I never sent more money. I said where is my AWB number, then they said they will make the shipping date for this other day and that they needed more money to pay the quarentine, now I am getting suspisious and said well give me the number to the quarentine place and I will call, first they refused saying how it isnt good for business that the quarentine place only deals with them, anyways I said well give em the number so they gave me the number and I tried to call but didnt get thru but pasted if off as just maybe because of the time difference between there and here and maybe it was after hours, so trusting them because they sent me numbers I sent more money $700. then they said they will ship on tuesday for sure and they would send me an AWB number, this was on thursday. anyways they got the money and never emailed me back, I sat there waited for my AWB number it never came, then tuesday came and I called swiss air to confirm if there was a shipment that left, and it was hard without an AWB number so they just check to see if they had any shipment of live reptiles leaving cameroon that day and there wasnt, then late tuesday i recieve an email saying oh that they couldnt ship because my documents expires and needed new documents,and of course they askked for more money I kept saying no send me an AWB number and I will send more money, over and over again and they just kept askign em for more money, a couple of weeks go by and they are saying its all my fault that they cant ship cause I wont send more moneya nd that the quarentine place wont release the animals till i send more money, so in the end I said fine, I will send 400 more but I better get an AWB number and this was on friday evening I sent the money they were suppose to ship tuesday, teusday came and went and nothin, then on thursdya i get a email from this sally woman sayin she is buddies wife and buddy gotinto an accident on hsi way to ship my aniamsl and they need more money to help them pay doctors bills, and after that of course I am not sendign shit, I was like wheres my AWB number where my new documents, where is proof of this accident, send me somethign and for 3 weeks straight we emailed each other everyday she kept askign for money and I kept asking for proof, finally they sent me an AWB number and said send us money i called to confirm AWB number it was fake, they email me back and said they made a mistake menaing swiss air and gave them the wrong number and then asked for more money LOL so I emailed back and asked where is the real AWB number, days go by and no real AWB number then I start gettin blamed, its my fault I am not recieving no anim,als, and how I am money hungry and do not care that her husband almost dies and then says send more money, every day send more money, so finally I get my buddy in south africa to investigate, there is no buddy name of this daniel guy in any hospital near where they say they are from and the quarentine place doesnt exist, so I email them this info and added all the points of all the lies and then the emails stopped.

yes I am dumm for sending 2100.00 but man i thought I was getting these snakes I was after for more then 2 years.

another recent one was Derrik Banura from uganda he got me for $1200 3 months ago, but he got alot of people around that time.

theres more but why bother its this new one we are talking about.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:07 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
it always helps to enlighten everyone on whos scamming who. and how long ago it happened. that way, everyone can be on the lookout for other potential scammers.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
pfan151
I always wondered if these people actually got anyone to send them money. I am sorry you got scammed, but how many times do you have to get taken before you stop sending the african scammers money?

Old 08-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #7
r2rhere
hahaha this is funny.

Sorry for your loss but GEEESH!!

Well, now that you know what they do and how they do it why not do it back?

Next african add you see reply to it. Start asking a ton of questions, one at a time. If you waste enough of their time another victim may be "neglected" because you are keeping them so busy.

I've been doing that with the adds for parrot eggs and it is hysterical seeing just how far they'll go when they think they have a fish on the line. Hysterical.

These are very similar to the 411 scams. I'll tell ya, I never knew I had so many dead rich uncles in Africa. Pretty fly for a white gal....

I'm killin' myself here.

Seriously, get even with them by wasting their time. I'd suggest using an email account just for the scammers.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #8
Chameleon Company
Mike,
No disrespect, but with the over-abundance of scams out of Africa, and the apparent indication that you've been had before, as you state this:
Quote:
I got sucked in again by another company in Africa
You are giving us Yanks every reason to start making Canadian jokes. I appreciate the head's up, but is this so that we differentiate the good African deal, where we send money first, from the bad, where we still send money first ? Too much Molson ? Buyer beware maybe ? Is three the charm ? To everyone who reads this ... and it doesn't matter if its Africa or Kansas .. no references, no money !!

Thanks for being a good sport Mike. Move south. Get some sun. It works wonders. And the only queen that we notice is really a man underneath it all. He's not special. Cheers.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #9
GBFINC
I can't believe what i'm reading--sending all that money to some unknown clown in Africa?--these guys must sit around and count money , laughing all day long.--STOP SENDING MONEY TO AFRICA !!!

Old 08-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #10
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBsmokin
facts ok.

well this time around this company kept emailing me repeatedly. saying they were looking for an importer who would like to start a business relationship with them, I asked for references, they said they had none, i told them no thankyou I have already been scammed before and do not wish it to happen again, so they kept asking me to help them that everyone is shooting them down, and they are honest people who need someone to trust them so they can get on the map basically, so I told them you send first then I pay and gave them my order. then they email me these documents of these animals the were going to ship to me including a vet check up etc. man it look legit, and they said they used their own money, at the time I didnt realize that in Cameroon you can apply for documents and then get you money back, so basically they use it as part of their scam. then they gave me this big story how the animals are all in this government quarentine and they need to pay the quarentine people and they used all their money up getting me the documents and how they had to pay their collectors and they dont want to lose their collectors because they are collecting all the other species I need, me like a dummy got all excited after seeing they had these snakes I been after for years now, got over zealous and sent them money, I sent 1000 and said send me an AWB number and I will send more money afterwards, anyways they never sent me an AWB number but gave me this story how they were goin to ship on a certain date and said they now needed money to make it to the airport, I refused and saidd no I sent enough, then the date came and they said it was my fault they missed the shipping date because I never sent more money. I said where is my AWB number, then they said they will make the shipping date for this other day and that they needed more money to pay the quarentine, now I am getting suspisious and said well give me the number to the quarentine place and I will call, first they refused saying how it isnt good for business that the quarentine place only deals with them, anyways I said well give em the number so they gave me the number and I tried to call but didnt get thru but pasted if off as just maybe because of the time difference between there and here and maybe it was after hours, so trusting them because they sent me numbers I sent more money $700. then they said they will ship on tuesday for sure and they would send me an AWB number, this was on thursday. anyways they got the money and never emailed me back, I sat there waited for my AWB number it never came, then tuesday came and I called swiss air to confirm if there was a shipment that left, and it was hard without an AWB number so they just check to see if they had any shipment of live reptiles leaving cameroon that day and there wasnt, then late tuesday i recieve an email saying oh that they couldnt ship because my documents expires and needed new documents,and of course they askked for more money I kept saying no send me an AWB number and I will send more money, over and over again and they just kept askign em for more money, a couple of weeks go by and they are saying its all my fault that they cant ship cause I wont send more moneya nd that the quarentine place wont release the animals till i send more money, so in the end I said fine, I will send 400 more but I better get an AWB number and this was on friday evening I sent the money they were suppose to ship tuesday, teusday came and went and nothin, then on thursdya i get a email from this sally woman sayin she is buddies wife and buddy gotinto an accident on hsi way to ship my aniamsl and they need more money to help them pay doctors bills, and after that of course I am not sendign shit, I was like wheres my AWB number where my new documents, where is proof of this accident, send me somethign and for 3 weeks straight we emailed each other everyday she kept askign for money and I kept asking for proof, finally they sent me an AWB number and said send us money i called to confirm AWB number it was fake, they email me back and said they made a mistake menaing swiss air and gave them the wrong number and then asked for more money LOL so I emailed back and asked where is the real AWB number, days go by and no real AWB number then I start gettin blamed, its my fault I am not recieving no anim,als, and how I am money hungry and do not care that her husband almost dies and then says send more money, every day send more money, so finally I get my buddy in south africa to investigate, there is no buddy name of this daniel guy in any hospital near where they say they are from and the quarentine place doesnt exist, so I email them this info and added all the points of all the lies and then the emails stopped.

yes I am dumm for sending 2100.00 but man i thought I was getting these snakes I was after for more then 2 years.

another recent one was Derrik Banura from uganda he got me for $1200 3 months ago, but he got alot of people around that time.

Hey dude if you got money to toss around like that ,Ive got a few acres in FLA for sale,hip boots included or you might be interested in this bridge for sale up in Brooklyn NY.
All offers considered ,no offers refused!
But seriously now,if an offer looks too good too be true...it probably is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!