1.1 -5.5 foot boas for sale - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Boas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 11:32 PM   #1
circusboy
Pair of Sub Adults Boa/Burm

I rescued these guys, but now the wife can't relax. I mainly keep corns so these are "too big". Anywho, Burm has mouthrot which I've been treating with betadine. I'm asking $200 for both of them. I'm in So Cal, near Long Beach, pick up only. email me @ ryanbarnum@yahoo.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-19-2005, 12:28 AM   #2
circusboy
Here is a link to a couple pics of the snakes.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ryanba...rQJZCB8zZRszbM
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-19-2005, 03:31 AM   #3
oorob00
First off you cannot breed those. One is a Red Tail Boa the other is a Burmese Python. Second do you know the sex of either of them? Also if you decide to ship let me know.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:54 AM   #4
Bill_Leverton
???????

I agree With one being Boa the other A Python ...Its not a biggy But what concerns me is what Antibiotic you are treating the mouth rot with. Betadine isnt going to cure it They are nice looking though if you decide to ship e-mail me I'll take them

Old 01-19-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
circusboy
I apologize if I mislabeled the snakes. I am only going by what I was told. I have updated the ad. As far as the betadine, I have read that this will kill the bacteria which are causing the mouthrot. Any suggestions on what else to do? As far as I have heard no one will ship snakes that size. If you know of someone, let me know.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-19-2005, 12:40 PM   #6
Bill_Leverton
Its ok it happens Without Vet care and a prescribed Antibiotic the mouth rot wont get cured and will eat away the inside of the mouth. I'm going through this with my female boa good thing I have a cool vet she gave me "Ceftazdime" and it works great. by the way which one has the mouth rot? just curious thanks

Old 01-20-2005, 12:42 AM   #7
circusboy
It's the burm.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-20-2005, 12:59 AM   #8
tupinambis
Not trying to be a jerk here, but Al Robbins (old school Herpetologist and inventor of venomductdectomies) cured all his snakes mouth rot cases with betadine. I am in complete disagreement with you over that one.

In case you want more info on who Al was I will include this link for your browsing pleasure

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Her...b-t&fl=0&x=wrt

I think you will find that he was ver achieved to be using a method of cure that didnt work.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:21 AM   #9
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupinambis
Not trying to be a jerk here, but Al Robbins (old school Herpetologist and inventor of venomductdectomies) cured all his snakes mouth rot cases with betadine. I am in complete disagreement with you over that one.

In case you want more info on who Al was I will include this link for your browsing pleasure

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Her...b-t&fl=0&x=wrt

I think you will find that he was ver achieved to be using a method of cure that didnt work.
Thats What makes It great That we live in America We can disagree I went to the Site Above and couldnt find the treatment of betadine for mouth rot any where ....alot about Magic folk ....LOL But to each his own I reckon. the treatment I mentioned above Came from the best Herp school I know of Cornell College in New York they are my Primary Vet for all my pets and reptiles but if you have used betadine only to cure mouth rot and it worked then cool .....but mouth rot is an infection and as so betadine may keep it under control but it doesn't kill the primary infection it takes an antibiotic to do that JMHO

Old 01-20-2005, 11:50 AM   #10
circusboy
Follow this page down to Ulcerative Stomitits

http://www.redtailboa.net/modules.ph...howpage&pid=19
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread