My rep won't call me back!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
Palex134
My rep won't call me back!!!

Ok im trying to get certified for fedex! I have talked to my rep, then they said they had to talk to the legal dept about it and they'd contact me. Its been a week. I keep calling back and dont get a reply and Ive left numerous messages.

My rep hasnt contacted me!

I need advice!
Has anyone got certified through fedex?

Old 03-27-2005, 12:10 PM   #2
Vince
Ups was alot easier, they faxed me paperwork I filled it out, then they called me the next day and I am ceritified.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:27 PM   #3
Palex134
can u ship snakes too? can you give me details on how you did this? thanks

Old 03-27-2005, 12:32 PM   #4
Vince
When you ship out an animal they send you a form, the form has questions like the common and specific name. The size, and what exactly is being shipped out. Later I will scan a blank form I have so you can check it out. Im pretty sure you can ship snakes. You just have to let them know before hand. but im not 100% just give them a call, and make sure you ask to talk to a supervisor. becuse the run of the mill person who just answers the calls arent that helpful.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:44 PM   #5
Palex134
who do I call and what should I say?

Old 03-27-2005, 12:55 PM   #6
WebSlave
Sorry, but no, you cannot ship snakes via UPS according to their stated policy. Yes, you may be able to slip by, or get a local representative to turn a blind eye, but don't bank on it. All it takes is for one UPS representative outside of your loop to find out and they will yank your account with no warning. FedEx is the ONLY door-to-door common carrier that will knowingly accept live harmless snakes.

If you still can't get through to your local representative, call their national office at (800) 463-3339.

If I remember this upcoming week, I will call my local representative and see if they have, or will set up, a centralized contact point for our industry. It appears too many local reps don't know the score on this situation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!