KCRD Good Or Bad?????????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:47 PM   #1
jdf1985
KCRD Good Or Bad??????????

I am looking to buy some snakes from KCRD and asking for any good or bad buys from him????/

Old 09-21-2006, 10:37 PM   #2
Suncoast Herpetological
If you go to the search function, click on advanced search and type KCRD in the search parameters three threads come up concerning them

Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 PM   #3
ambrosemurphy
Thumbs up KCRD (Good Guys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdf1985
I am looking to buy some snakes from KCRD and asking for any good or bad buys from him????/
I have gotten both snakes and geckos from Jason at KCRD and have been very pleased with the animals, shipping and communication...I recommend them

Old 09-21-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
minter_c
i have done business with Jason on several different occassions and have been very pleased with the animals i have purchased from him and also his customer service. you shouldnt have any problems dealing with Jason at KCRD.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:00 AM   #6
INSANE CANES
Jason is a great guy to deal with.
Animals are always healthy and happy.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:56 AM   #7
tejasranger
Jason of KCRD

I purchased a 70 lb. Male Sulcata from Jason a few months back. I couldn't be happier with the transaction. Tortoise was in excellent health, and Jason delivered him for free, on his way to south Texas. I think you will be satisfied with your transaction.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:21 PM   #8
creepycrawly
Unhappy A little disappointed

I completed my second purchase from KCRD about a month ago, and was disappointed.

My first transaction was perfect in every way with them. I had purchased a baby Jayapura chondro from them, and received a awesome animal, and had a great experience with them, and was eager to purchase from them again.

So I decided to get another baby chondro, a biak, which according to his ad said had good temperaments. I pay for it, and he sends me a message with tracking number in it, and tells me to let him know when it arrives, as if everything is just fine.

I get the box, but it is from Xtreme Reptiles, not KCRD. So I open it and find not a baby, but a yearling Biak. I looked it over and found that it had lumps on its sides. Plus, I didn't like the fact that he never said anything about the animal coming from Xtreme reptiles, and that he hadn't seen the animal itself before, or that it was a yearling - not a baby. He should have Emailed me as soon as he found out he was out of babies, and asked what I wanted. Instead he just substituted it and assumed everything was just fine. I also found his invoice from Xtreme Reptiles - showing that he paid them nearly half of what I paid for it - and I paid for a baby (which was less expensive than a yearling) so the yearling price was at least twice what he was paying for them.

I Emailed Jason and told him I was surprised and disappointed, and told him how I felt. I understood that he was selling the yearlings for more, and that in a way I "got a deal" but it wasn't a deal I wanted.

He told me he wasn't happy that I wasn't happy - but assured me the animal was CB and that they get a lot of their animals from Xtreme, and that they use a great breeder. Then he left it at that. About a week or so later I Emailed him as I could not get the snake to eat. I had tried live, thumped, frozen/thawed, split brained, in the middle of the night, during the day, in the morning, everything I could think of. His reply said, and I quote: "It was eating live mice hoppers. I just threw them in and left them alone. I’d come back in an hour or so and they would be gone." But remember that he never had the snake in his posession - it was shipped directly from Xtreme reptiles, so Jason never fed it. How could he tell me how he was feeding it - when he never even saw it.

It has now been a month since I purchased the snake, and I still have not gotten it to eat for me. Plus, it has a nasty temper. The whole reason I had wanted a baby and decided to even purchase a chondro at that time is that he had what I had wanted - babies with a great temprament. The first baby chondro I purchased from him he told me had a good temprament - and he was right. That snake to this day has a good temprament, has been healthy, feeding, growing, everything it should. I trusted that when he said he had babies for sale with a great temperment that he did. Now I have a yearling with a horrible temperment, that won't eat and has lumps in its sides.

I don't think I will be purchasing from KCRD again.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:26 AM   #9
KCRD.com
Jennifer, I have always backed my animals even when they are ones that come directly from my suppliers. I give all of my snakes even ones that are drop shipped a Live Arrival and a 5 Day Health Guarantee. One of the reasons I have done business with Fred at Xtreme for so many years is because he not only ships out healthy animals for me but he also does a great job at packing my orders.

I thought I was doing you a favor by sending you a yearling instead of a baby. Please understand that a chondros temperment will not always stay the same, as I have had means ones turn nice and nice ones turn mean. I have responded quickly to every one of your emails including this last one where you wanted to just send the snake back to me for free if I paid the shipping. After looking at the photos you sent me I made a judgment call that I didn't think the snake would make the trip from Alaska to Kansas in the current condition it is in. I also gave you more reccomendations to help get it started, which both you said you already tried. I also explained that I would have taken it back with in the 5 Days of you getting it if you would have asked me to, but since it had been almost a month and a hald now I couldn't do anything.

Customer service has and will always be my top priority but being someone that has been in retail for 12 years and now self employed for 4, I know that you can't always please everyone and unfortunatly this may be one of those cases. I wish you the best of luck with the chondro and am always willing to give any advice I can in the future.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #10
liquidleaf
My transaction in spring 2004 with Jason went well. I purchased my first internet-bought reptile at KCRD, my hog island male. There was an issue with shipping - at the time, Airborne Express had just been purchased by DHL, and a package handler mis-sorted the package and it was routed to Alabama instead of New York. Jason tracked the package down with DHL/Airborne after I called him and informed him it hadn't arrived, and the package was rerouted correctly (the address on Jason's label had been correct the whole time). The snake arrived a day late and a little cool because the heat packs had just quit, but in great condition.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!