Names - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
Stardust
Names

I have noticed that some people on this site have there names that are not their real names or their business names, like mine.
I was wondering how you came up with that name and why?

For me star dust was something I thought of as a child being something magical. I can't explain why I have always like that but it reminds me of the child in me and to always believe that good things can happen.

Yeah yeah I know it is corny but I have kids and love them very much and want them to also believe always that dreams can come true. To keep something good in the heart even when there are all kinds of bad things around.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #2
fuscusking13
The name I use is fuscusking. I got this from part of the latin name for my Austrailan water pythons (Liasis fuscus) as they are such great snakes. If you have never had the pleasure of working with one, you are missing out. They can be nippy as babies, and very cage defensive, but once they hit the year old mark, they are so awesome. The are very inteligent, inquisitive, and absolutely gorgeous, and actually enjoy interacting with people, which as you know very few snakes do. Unfortunately I sold them with the majority of my collection that went, and I dont have them any more, but I used to have a reverse trio. I will try to attach pics, although I am pretty computer illiterate. Take care, Dan M.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ram1.jpg (22.1 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg magic_muddy_3.jpg (67.7 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg magic_muddy_8.jpg (84.5 KB, 69 views)

Old 01-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
Griz
My name comes from my size (6'6" 280lbs). I used to train with our local SWAT team and when they needed someone to run through a door they called me in. They said I was like a rabid grizzly bear hence the name Griz.

I used to have Australian water pythons as well. They were amazing!!! They changed the world!!

Griz

Old 01-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
fuscusking13
Bob did you and I just really agree on something??? If so I need to sit down for a mintue and catch my breath, and come out of shock..... Hopefully any hard feelings can be left for that "other" thread lol, and everyone can get along. Not sure if the changed the world thing was a joke(at my expense), but if so hahaha . Have a great day, Dan M.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking13
Not sure if the changed the world thing was a joke(at my expense), but if so hahaha .
Yup, completely a joke. I have never even seen one in person.

Griz

Old 01-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #6
Stardust
Wow, very nice snakes! Thanks for sharing pics and the reason for your name

And Griz, hmmm, reminds me of BEARS, GO BEARS, lol

Old 01-25-2007, 11:07 PM   #7
Leighanne
I saw a Grizzly Bear once and I got my piture taken with it! It would be cool to raise them like Tiger Farms to, totally awesome!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:37 AM   #8
fuscusking13
Bob, just when I thought we had something in common and were gonna get along..., but hey it was funny, made me laugh. Take care all, Dan M.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #9
Apep
mine is apep who is the egyptian god who takes the form of a snake to eat Ra's boat every morning.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #10
Miss Tuniwha
Hi, My name is Brandi. I have 2 different names on a couple different sites. On here, I am Miss Tuniwha. A nickname that was given to me by a friend from New Zealand. I am an artist and loved drawing these "tuniwha" things. so he started calling me that.

The Tuniwha (dont think that is how it is spelled though) is a mythological creature that protects water ways and takes human sacrofices.

The other name I have is Wolf Crier. The wolf is my Native American animal guide. And I spoke with a Native American leader that gave me my Native name. Wolf Crier.

Those are the short versions of the tales. HA HA

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!