The Fauna Draft - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
SoulSmilen
The Fauna Draft

Quote:

Matter of fact, I may even then assign (or "draft" if you prefer) ALL Benefactor and Endowment level members to being forum moderators and turn back on the "Report a Post" function, so THEY will get the notifications of infractions within "their" forums that members feel they need to report. So as "someone" has suggested, I am going to delegate this sort of thing as much as possible. And as such abdicating my responsibility for that function by turning it over to those individuals who demonstrate that they WANT it.
Welcome to the only site on the internet where you can contribute the bucks out of the goodness of your heart (or because you expected this to be a site that would be moderated) only to be forced to be moderator .

Wow... just wow.

Go for it mods, I'll take my points.. that's just fucked up.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Excuse me?
I didn't sign up for any draft!

Old 01-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #3
Ed Clark
Thumbs down

Dont think it right to assign or draft a mod. as it takes a special person to perform that job!

Old 01-19-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
Wilomn
It seems like rich is saying that he's tired of all the problems

With HIS site.

It seem like rich is saying that he doesn't want the responsibility that comes

With HIS site

It seems like he would rather get even with people for some imagined slight

On HIS site

It seems like rich is giving up

On HIS site

I don't get it myself. I mean I can see teaching someone a lesson, letting them walk a mile in my shoes, getting a taste of what I get, but what does this serve?

Who is learning what? Why? What is the gain to fauna?

I don't get it.

It's HIS site and yet he complains about it all the time. This won't fix what's broke but it may well brake what's working.

How is this better than picking a few new Mods? Other than rich being able to say, "I didn't pick them," which he did in fact do by starting this fiasco, what is the benefit to rich?

Oh well, I'll be watching with great curiosity.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
Scott Ashton
Okay folks - I have a plan.

Every member here under the level of Benefactor should send me $100.00.

In exchange I will schedule you to work one day at my job.

I still get to collect my normal salary though and transportation costs are your responsibility.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to you doing my work.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:54 PM   #6
SoulSmilen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Excuse me?
I didn't sign up for any draft!
Sure you did, that's what the money was for!!!!

Doesn't matter, because he doesn't care! I forgot to quote that part...

Aren't you just sooooooooo proud to be a contributing member of such a great site?

For only $100.00 YOU TOO can be forced to bear the work that others are willing to take on but can't because they didn't pay enough or any money. Funny how all the site owners have been running sites wrong for so many years; I wonder how long it will take them to say, "Wow, I coulda had a V-8!" ?

This site would have been much better off being sold for the 1000.00 to someone who might actually care and make it what it once was. The end goal is clear, though.. it's like a psychotic person killing their ex because they don't want anyone else to 'have' him/her.

Not only do we have that, but we have the preliminary seed planted so when the drafted mods don't participate, there will be room to say, "I implemented the peer warning system for the site and it didn't get used; I'm always doing something for you, the members, and you are ungrateful and don't appreciate any of it!" or "Won't be the first time I've added something to the site that didn't get used."

Bravo, bravo!

Old 01-19-2007, 08:57 PM   #7
Golden Gate Geckos
Do Benefactor and Endowment level members that don't want the prestigious job of "moderator" get their money back from supporting Rich's site?

Old 01-19-2007, 09:10 PM   #8
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I don't want any money back. I didn't give the money because I wanted something for it. I gave it because I felt like I was getting something for it already. The moment when all that happened was a very emotional time for me, worse than usual, and the money was given to support a site where people who supported me through the emotional crises congregated. People who supported me despite my verbal attacks to the site at the same time.

~ and the evidence of that little mental breakdown of mine alone should be proof enough that I should not be in charge of anybody! That was an extreme example~ but for approx 3 weeks of every month I am a perfectly reasonable human being (yes, I said perfectly reasonable and it is entirely too close to the one week for you to argue with me! So shut up and listen~ Like I said~ perfectly reasonable human being 3/4 of the time!) But for approx 1 week of every month I'm a rabid, raving lunatic who can't seem to control my temper or sense of humour (some of that stuff WAS funny) and even I don't know what I'm gonna do or why I did it later (during that 3 week apology time later).

There is a REASON I do not work with human beings anymore. They amuse me......but often it appears what I consider "Funny" during that one week a month is considered a bit warped the other three weeks!

Old 01-19-2007, 09:22 PM   #9
WebSlave

Man, you guys REALLY crack me up............

Old 01-19-2007, 09:30 PM   #10
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Your not really planning on turning me into a mod are you?
I know me well enough to know that would be a bad idea.......thats why I've never volunteered. You've known me through online forums for over 5 years now.......you may not have noticed me often~ but you must at least know me well enough to know as well as I do that my temper and sense of humour is not suited to working with people.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!