Bad Guy BHB reptiles "het" didn't prove out, won't fix it - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #191
q.maley
How low a blow then? The business of BHB has a considerably decent reputation, and one off-occurance out of 100 is to be expected. Were BHB to act this way about everything then perhaps a red flag should be raised; an individual aught best consider the position of their proposed offender before assuming that they're being blown off.

I simply feel that this should have been handled differently. Pure and clean.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #192
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmikeal View Post
I never thought about what happens with Cliff... If David should get anything, then Brian should get back the Spider, but then what does Cliff get???
David has already said he will compensate Cliff if it does not come from Brian.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #193
q.maley
No one is saying that the reputation of BHB should keep it afloat in the eye of this industry; however, none of us know the exact story here. Details may be omitted and none of us can sit in both parties shoes and feel the exact issues at hand. I think threatening an individual with public shaming because of bad business or bad luck is silly.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #194
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig View Post
So in the eyes of most, because Brian said he would take care of David (even though the animal could still be het), he needs to follow through. Fair enough.

If he has not made a deal to take care of Cliff, does he have to compensate him? If Yes, does it have to be before further breeding (het to homozygous)? Many are saying that the issue of the snake being a het isn't the issue anymore, and that the issue is that Brian agreed to compensate and hasn't. The issue from Cliff's side is that the animal isn't a het.

Does Brian need to compensate Cliff? I am only asking because I would hate to see this resolved and faith in Brian restored only to have others come after him on the same snake deal.
Exactly. I mean the op sold the snake(or trade?).He has been compensated by that already.Why does he get more than that.Where does it all end? Where does one draw the line? I mean everyone who touches that snake gets to bully Brian into giving them a snake or two?

Regardless of Brians original promise does everyone really feel that he should have to compensate the OP if he isn't in the wrong?That is obsurd. Absolutely sounds like getting something for nothing to me.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #195
q.maley
The three groups should meet together and find a means to an end here. They are all assumably professionals and mature, grown men. Let it be there that this closes and that hear-say be put to and end...

Old 11-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #196
ShadowAceD
This isn't public shaming, if you think it is, then you probably shouldn't bother with being here.

The details of the story were given by two people thus far and Brian has done nothing to "correct" or "add" to it to prove there were omissions. So, as it stands right now, yes the exact story has been given.

David wants resolution that was promised to him by Brian. Brian has failed to hold up his end, whether he should have taken responsibility for it or not is a non issue because he did take it. Now he is failing to hold up his side of it.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #197
aleria
Quote:
Originally Posted by q.maley View Post
How low a blow then? The business of BHB has a considerably decent reputation, and one off-occurance out of 100 is to be expected. Were BHB to act this way about everything then perhaps a red flag should be raised; an individual aught best consider the position of their proposed offender before assuming that they're being blown off.

I simply feel that this should have been handled differently. Pure and clean.
Ok then explain exactly how you would have gone about handling it if you were in this exact situation of being completely ignored and blown off for literally months by someone in such a "position" as BHB, as you put it. Would you just continue to be put out until they saw fit to resolve things with you and just keep your pretty little mouth shut in the mean time simply because they are in such good standing and it would be "inappropriate" to sully their good rep? I mean really, explain this to me.

I personally don't care how great someone's rep is, if they aren't handling a situation in a timely or proper fashion, then I believe it needs to be brought to light and pushed forward by any legal means necessary, thus the BOI.
I mean how many times over the years have we watched situations just like this one finally come to a resolution because now it was out in the open that a customer was being treated unfairly?

Old 11-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #198
q.maley
I agree with that (btmexotics and DaveyFig).

A line needs to be drawn. It's a bad roll of the dice or a poor draw, whatever - it's a heterozygous animal, what more needs to be said? Agree to disagree and go on about your business, it wasn't going to make or break any of them and it isn't the end of the world.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #199
DaveyFig
How long does Cliff have to wait for compensation? David has told him that he will be compensated regardless of whether Brian comes through or not. Has he? He was told he would be. If he is still waiting for something he was told he would get, where is the difference between that and what Brian is doing?

Old 11-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #200
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
This isn't public shaming, if you think it is, then you probably shouldn't bother with being here.

The details of the story were given by two people thus far and Brian has done nothing to "correct" or "add" to it to prove there were omissions. So, as it stands right now, yes the exact story has been given.

David wants resolution that was promised to him by Brian. Brian has failed to hold up his end, whether he should have taken responsibility for it or not is a non issue because he did take it. Now he is failing to hold up his side of it.
It is ,in a way, public shaming.I mean giving red dots to people is like wearing the scarlet letter.It's red-iculous.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!