kenneth Yates of South Carolina - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-17-2003, 07:07 PM   #21
diamondback1
I agree with Neil that the responsibility falls on the shipper more so in this case then the carrier. As far as the climate controlled area goes every airport air cargo area is different. When I worked for Delta in Hartford and Providence years ago while in college there was no specific are to keep the animals in extreme weather conditions other then the office area. Most animals would be brought into this area. There were many times though when they would be left in the heat or cold because the staff working at the time was petrified of the snakes getting out. Hopefully Delta has implemented a policy for proper storage at every location since I left.

Old 12-17-2003, 07:10 PM   #22
The BoidSmith
Was Delta even aware there were live venomous snakes in the box? Was the package adequately labeled (with regards to species, etc.)? What kind of a box was used for shipment? As far as I understand venomous snakes have to be shipped in a wood and not a cardboard box. What I'm now wandering is if Delta even knew there were live animals in that shipment.

Thanks.

Old 12-17-2003, 07:30 PM   #23
Dragondad
Agree

Neil has it right, the responsibility for this lies with Ken Yates. It has been shown that he is a looser and this just puts the icing on the cake. He keeps trying to act like a big boy,(hired someone else to box them) but in the end he doesnt give a darn about anything but robbing a little of Peter to pay Paul. Bet the money went to help bail out his siding business. And since it appears that money is what was used to start the reptile business when will if ever end. Wonder what Anja is doing? and if she is still tied to him???

Old 12-17-2003, 09:43 PM   #24
Greg Riso
Don't You Have To Verify...

the animals are dead or alive in front of one of the airlines employees before even departing with the package? Whenever I've received anything I've always had to inspect the animals in front of an employee to verify the animal's status. They even mark it as having arrived alive on the paperwork. I can understand with venomous snakes this may not be the procedure for safety reasons. My bet is the actual contents were not specified and I think the shoddy packing job is 100% Ken Yates responsibility, NOT the airlines. Delta should ban himfromshipping with them after this incident. One idiot like that can put an end to the airlines handling live reptiles period. Then where will we be?

Old 12-17-2003, 09:59 PM   #25
Wilomn
Venomous reptiles do have different container requirements that most certainly includes wood boxes. If this was not the method used then Delta should definately be notified of kennyboys taking everyones lives for granted.

I would also highly recommend that necropsies be done on at least a few of the dead snakes to determine if they were even alive when shipped. It would surprise me not at all to hear that they were dead before they left kennyboy's place.

Wes Pollock

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!