Protean Imports - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
patsfan
Protean Imports

I just wanted to inform everyone that "Protean Imports" is the new business name for Jason Perillo. The reason why he changed his business name from JPimports to Protean Imports and only uses Jason P is to prevent people from seeing the thread linked below. I just wanted everyone to be aware.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=95235

Elizabeth Jencks

Old 05-15-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
jfarah
Pretty lame, lady
Are you sure the guy would go through all that trouble because of one thread on here?

Old 05-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
patsfan
Response

I am confused. I thought the purpose of this forum was to allow people to inquiry about a business prior to making a purchase. If an individual comes to this site looking for information on protean imports they will find nothing, however, there is a thread dedicated to Jason, the owner of Protean Imports. With that being said shouldn’t the prospective buyer have a right to locate said posting? Jfarah please explain why we should allow people to hide from a reputation by changing their business name? Is this fair to prospective buyers who are looking to make an informed decision by coming to this website?

I personally was interested in some Mantellas Jason had for sale. I came here looking for information on him and found nothing. I ask a few friends if they have heard of Protean imports and I was informed that he was also the owner of JP imports. Had my friend not known this I would have likely made a purchases that I otherwise would have decided against.

Lastly, it isn’t very difficult to change a business name, especially if an individual isn’t a legitimate business in the first place. This is why the reptile industry is saturated with scam artist and thieves.

Elizabeth Jencks

Old 05-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
The board of Inquiry is for business transactions between you and another buyer. This would probably do well in the "missing" forum secion of this site, but you might be told it to go elsewhere.

While your post has good intentions, its just in the wrong forum. ( if this is now allowed somone please correct me though :P)

Thank you for the information, if anything.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
The board of Inquiry is for business transactions between you and another buyer.
Or seller.... lol

Old 05-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
okay, last post. man im bad at this.

That thread ended up going well, and was truly a mix up. Jason Fixed the problem and as of now, nothing seems to have gone wrong for him and his buyers.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
beccari
Alicia, Thank you for the comment I do appreciate it. I have had very few troubles since the issue with steve. And what occurred between steve and I did not just affect me, it affected 3 other individuals as an secondary problem that developed from the animals that remained in NYC. I will not go into details as it is not the forums business unless they choose to give me their permission to disclose those details.

Now Elizabeth... I copied this from the last comment you placed about me in which Tim Adams defended me.

I have nothing to hide. I did not like the name JP Imports. Its cheap and unimaginative. I then thought of Preux Imports but figured that would get me into a legal situation with Pro Exotics because of the similarity of the names, and i don't want to ride anyone's wind. They deserve what they have earned and I respect them for that. I then thought of ICR but thats for another reason all together. Few will know the meaning of that. But then chose the name Protean for the latin root of Proteus. Protean means variable and able to accept new forms because i want to build a terrarium company. I figured it would be more fitting. So I have four DBA's relating to Protean. Its quite the useful name in that respect. I have had my short comings there as well, but I do not look away from them I am learning from them. You can continue to add to this listing, it doesn't bother me. Most of you have no experience in dealing with me or talking with me. Nor do you have any real information relating to what has occurred in my past dealings. I have many more positive sales than i do negative sales. I have my share of people who will give me references and who continue to do business with me and then I have two people who would like to see me go down in flames. That is fine. I know my shortcomings. If you want animals from me, check my references rather than this site. This will give you the information from one person's point of view rather than multiple people's. I also have people who have done me very right only for me not to be able to repay them because of the financial straight my lack of imports, sales and this very issue we are adding to right here.

My name is Jason Perillo
address 156 south meridith ave
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 808-8500

DBA in name of Jason Perillo
Protean Et Al.

Call and do as you would like, pass me your email addresses and I'll forward references and previous emails to you. I have nothing to hide. I am human and I fuck up. I am not afraid of it anymore and I'm certainly not afraid of jealous folks either. I know where my energy is and if its not in the positive its not taking me anywhere. So waste your breath or shut up.

Respectfully,

Jason Perillo
Protean Imports
Protean Terrarium Design
Protean Industries
Protean Productions
626-808-8500

Old 05-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #8
Geckoholic
Well I wouldn’t exactly say the transaction went well. I didn’t receive any animals, I am still out $96, and I never received the cites paper work that I requested. In addition it was only after I contacted the better business bureau, pay pal, my credit card company, Kingsnake.com, and threaten Jason with a lawsuit that I received most of my money back.

Jason, this topic really is dead but I am curious, what “details” would you like to disclose?

Steven Hoch

Old 05-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #9
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
The board of Inquiry is for business transactions between you and another buyer. This would probably do well in the "missing" forum secion of this site, but you might be told it to go elsewhere.

While your post has good intentions, its just in the wrong forum. ( if this is now allowed somone please correct me though :P)

Thank you for the information, if anything.
Prior to telling someone what the BOI is for it would be wise to actually look up the info, as posted by the creator of the site.

Quote:
This site is an opportunity for you to learn from other peoples' bad experiences and an opportunity for you to warn people of bad experiences you have had. It is also the opportunity for those people that are doing a good job in this business to get the recognition deserved, and give those people new to this business somewhere to go to, to learn who to deal with, without the risks previously attached to dealing with someone completely unknown.

This forum can also be an excellent source of feedback for a person or business to see how the public generally expects them to behave in a business sense. It can also be a valuable learning experience to see how similar problems to one you may be facing has been handled in the past.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #10
beccari
You don't need CITES papers for species that are not listed as CITES protected. Goniurosaurus are not CITES listed.

steve, i didn't say our transaction went well. If the additional people who were affected by the guys in NYC want to come forward, they can. Its not my place to, I'm not calling people out if they don't want to be. I ended up getting fucked royal from the whole thing and it cost me an additional $1800 because of how you hit my paypal account. so yea I got the worse end of it. I was never going to screw you over. I had no intentions of it. I was in a bad spot back then with all the things I took on as far as my new businesses, and you were super excited when we spoke of what I was planning and going ahead with. If you hadn't started threatening me at just day seven to things going wrong, I wouldn't have come close to putting up a wall and being an asshole. But I am a reactionary person, when I am threatened and treated the way you had I reacted poorly. In none of our emails with your situation or my situation had I done anything before shipping the animals that shows me to be the crook you make me out to be. When your car broke down and needed to fix it, I told you to pay me when you could. When you wanted me to hold the animals for you until they were old enough to ship, all I asked for was a 50% deposit and then told you that it would be ok to pay me when they were ready to go. Make me out to be a crock but truly I was never going to screw you or do anything against you. If you had waited until I had offspring again, I would have made it more than worth your while.

And lastly, I ended up losing really fucking badly on everything after that. Shortly there after people were claiming I stole a close friend's collection when she supposedly went and got married and went on vacation. Sadly, she never got married, nor went on vacation and we had parted ways at that time because I was worried about finances from not working a regular job.

Again, I'm not perfect but you were not free from fault at how I reacted to you. I will admit I handled you wrong, but I will say you were not kosher to me during the whole thing. You can say anything about me that you want but between you and I, how terrible was I before the situation occurred? Tell me that. How terrible was I when we had our first transaction? Or when you were trying to sell some animals so you could pay me and I said, just trade me them. Again, I'll admit I handled you wrong but only after I was backed into a corner and treated like I was a thief when I was trying to do you right.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!