When producing “super pastels” are all pastels compatible? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-17-2005, 08:21 AM   #1
The BoidSmith
When producing “super pastels” are all pastels compatible?

This is something that I have been thinking of and although maybe no one has a definite answer (as all possible pastel combinations have not been done yet) maybe it’s worth to discuss. There are several pastel lines in the market (Bell, VPI, NERD, Graziani, etc.) will pastels from one line bred to another necessarily produce superpastels? Please remember that I’m taking into consideration the co-dominant type of inheritance, but I mean in the long run and out of 100 babies produced can we expect to produce superpastels regardless of the parental origin?

Thanks

Old 06-17-2005, 09:22 AM   #2
wcreptiles
I asked the same basic question a while back here is a link to the thread.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=59486

Old 06-17-2005, 09:25 AM   #3
The BoidSmith
Thanks Don! I'll read it.

Regards.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:59 PM   #4
stupidclauton
pastel gene is codominate which means 2 different genes could appear dominate at the same time so im gonna say yes they are all compatible but you may not get a superpastel like you think you will get, you might end up with something completly new and unherd of

Old 06-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #5
CJBianco
As marketed on the NERD website, the Lemon Pastel is only black and yellow (no orange blushing).

The Graziani Pastel has plenty of blushing.

I am sure you would get a Super Pastel by crossing the two, but you may not get as much blushing in the Super Pastel.

And the blushing is the best part!

(It makes the animal much lighter in appearance...Super!)

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!