Bad Guy Ripped off by Lisa Apramian in San Diego - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:09 PM   #1
Robert Seib
Ripped off by Lisa Apramian in San Diego

I responded to an ad for a high red Brazilian Rainbow Boa male yearling on Kingsnake.com for $300. I wanted to use PayPal or Visa, but she insisted on a personal check. I sent her the check and she cashed it on September 6, 2016. Weeks later she said the snake had been neglected while she was out of town and that it had a stuck shed. I requested a refund. She refused citing my "poor attitude." She stated that I "didn't deserve a refund." She never shipped the snake and cut off contact with me in the middle of October.

It is now December 4th. I have filed and Internet Crime Report, a U.S. postal mail fraud case, and Kingsnake.com has suspended her account.

She still has my money, and I am out $300.

Beware of Lisa Apramian.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:04 PM   #2
Insomniac101
Robert,

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I don't know if that's the same snake I tried to buy, but I had a bad experience with her as well. The ad was here on Fauna.

She also refused to take a payment from me via PayPal, so I mailed a check. She asked me to take a photo of the check going into the mailbox, which I did. I asked her to let me know when she got it. She texted me several days later, saying it hadn't arrived, and accused me of not actually mailing it.

I asked her to give it a couple more days. Then I get a text from her that the snake was at an expo, and now has mites. She said I could still have him, but no discount in price. (Gee, full-price mites!) She did give me the option to decline the purchase, which I did.

I texted her twice after that, to find out whatever happened to my check. She stopped all communication, so I had to pay, I think it was $28, to stop payment on my check.

By the way, this was in August 2016. I saved all texts and photos from the transaction, if you'd like me to send them to you.

Kathy

Old 12-04-2016, 10:25 PM   #3
Pasodama
Robert, as I am sure you know, even if it were true, that you had a poor attitude, it is not a justifiable/legal defense for Lisa Apramian to have kept your money. For her to have the snake, and keep your money, it amounts to theft.

Robert and Kathy, Thank you for posting your experiences on the BOI.
If you could, both, post any emails, texts, etc., between you and Lisa Apramian, it would help in proving your allegations against her.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:52 PM   #4
Insomniac101
Lisa Apramian

Here is the text conversation. I don't know how many screenshots I can attach to each thread response, but here goes . . . .
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2016, 10:56 PM   #5
Insomniac101
Continued . . .
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2016, 11:00 PM   #6
Insomniac101
Lisa Apramian

Continued . . .
She stopped all communication after I started asking about my check.
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2016, 11:03 PM   #7
Insomniac101
The check, and bank transaction stopping payment.
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2016, 11:08 PM   #8
Insomniac101
I was on the fence about posting a BOI warning when this happened. She didn't actually rip me off; it was my choice to stop payment on the check.

However, I'm sorry now that I didn't. If I had, maybe Robert wouldn't have dealt with her.

Kathy

Old 12-04-2016, 11:11 PM   #9
Insomniac101
Oh, almost forgot the ad.
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2016, 11:15 PM   #10
Insomniac101
Lisa Apramian

Lisa, when you read this, how about sending Robert's money back?! And I wouldn't refuse payment of $28 either.

You had to be sure I knew you were a "professional", a psychologist. How about acting like one, and return the money?

Kathy