I need a shct male - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-07-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
turtlebuyer
I need a shct male

?Does anyone have a shct male they will sell me? I have a female that I bought and she is a beuty but I only have a tremper giant male and that will only throw normal looking babies

I meant super hypo tangerine carrot tail but i assume you guys know that. I bred my female to a blizzard (het bor blazing blizzard) you guys were making jokes about that fill me in anyway any ideas of what I could get I bred her to my giant albino the second time but her egs were infertile I guess he is to young.

Old 05-07-2004, 07:50 PM   #2
diablohogs
Quote:
I have a female that I bought and she is a beuty but I only have a tremper giant male and that will only throw normal looking babies
if she is a hypo you will get 50% hypos 50% normals all het for giant. if she is a super hypo you will get 100% hypos all het for giant. (of course thats based on the idea that giant is in fact a reccesive gene).

im hatching all males from my tangerine hypo/super hypo carrot tail line. i currently have about 4 i will sell ( actually im only willing to part with one of the 4, but i would let you choose from the four) but they are all under 1 month old. let me know if your interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carrotheadhypo.jpg (136.7 KB, 145 views)

Old 05-07-2004, 09:00 PM   #3
Tribal Gecko
And that is if you have the co-dominate hypo gene, and not just the line bred.

Old 05-07-2004, 09:40 PM   #4
diablohogs
Lightbulb double hypo

i still dont believe in the line bred hypo or recessive hypo. i have yet to be shown one. mine are co-dominant. if there are more than one strain of hypo id love to try to implement the two/three strains into a single gecko.

ill take that line bred one cross it with the recessive one and make hets of the recessive one than cross thier offspring, take what pops outta that as a homozygous recessive hypo and cross it with a super hypo (homozygous codominant hypo). than cross the now het for codom hypos het for rec hypo together producing some double hypos (50% homo for rec. hypo/het for codom hypo) and cross the double hypos together to produce double hypos and super double hypos (should be 50/50). thats line bred lineage for less black expressing either one or two codominant genes for hypo AND a reccesive hypo gene. something like that may even look amelanistic...

but seeing as the recessive hypo probably doesnt exsist and the line bred hypos are probably nice high yellows and animals expressing one codominant gene i cant and thats why niether has anyone else.... right guys? or has someone?

Old 05-07-2004, 11:32 PM   #5
KelliH
Quote:
the line bred hypos are probably nice high yellows
Ok, what are these then? Oh, I guarantee they are NOT co-dominate.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:02 AM   #6
Blazin
I'll tell you what they are Kelli!

They are freakin awesome. Could you send me one please. Seriously! SEND ME ONE OF THOSE.

Old 05-08-2004, 07:14 AM   #7
KelliH
Thanks Chad

Those are line bred super hypo tangerines. WAY before anyone had ever heard of the hypo/super hypo carrot tails (co dom hypos), there were breeders producing hypos out of line bred lines. I know one person that worked on his line of hypo tangs for at least 7 years.

The reason why some of my shct's are so orange is because I combined the Ray Hine line of hypos (co dom) with my own line and other lines of tangerine and hypo tang. The first hypo carrot tails I had were not orange, they were yellow. It has been through selective breeding (or line breeding) over the past few years that I have been able to begin consistantly produce oranger shcts.

Anyway, the point is there are selectively bred hypo and super hypo lines out there.

Old 05-08-2004, 12:07 PM   #8
E2MacPets
Re: double hypo

Quote:
Originally posted by diablohogs
i still dont believe in the line bred hypo or recessive hypo. i have yet to be shown one. mine are co-dominant. if there are more than one strain of hypo id love to try to implement the two/three strains into a single gecko.

ill take that line bred one cross it with the recessive one and make hets of the recessive one than cross thier offspring, take what pops outta that as a homozygous recessive hypo and cross it with a super hypo (homozygous codominant hypo). than cross the now het for codom hypos het for rec hypo together producing some double hypos (50% homo for rec. hypo/het for codom hypo) and cross the double hypos together to produce double hypos and super double hypos (should be 50/50). thats line bred lineage for less black expressing either one or two codominant genes for hypo AND a reccesive hypo gene. something like that may even look amelanistic...

but seeing as the recessive hypo probably doesnt exsist and the line bred hypos are probably nice high yellows and animals expressing one codominant gene i cant and thats why niether has anyone else.... right guys? or has someone?

After accusing me of being a con artist for showing off my codominant hypo gecko, now you are claiming that yours are codominant?

Old 05-08-2004, 02:21 PM   #9
Golden Gate Geckos
forums..

I find it difficult to give much credence to whether or not anyone can say whether a specific trait is co-dominant, line-bred, or recessive unless they have been breeding for enough years to prove out the theories like Kelli has.

Also, there is a separate forum here on Fauna for buying/selling leopard geckos... it's called the classifieds.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...s=&forumid=486

Old 05-09-2004, 12:55 AM   #10
Blazin
Hey you MEAN OLD GECKO LADY!

What up with my updated pics of the reverse stripes? Man you are a MEANIE! LOL!