Digital Reptiles Anyone ever heard of? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-06-2002, 10:54 PM   #1
goldmoon
Question Digital Reptiles Anyone ever heard of?

I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of Digital Reptiles or ever done business with them? Please let me know.

Thanks
Lindsay Haskins

Old 12-07-2002, 08:32 PM   #2
Bubafat
I am bumping this baby up to the top as I was looking at it as well.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=38106

This thing just reeks of scam. The person doesn't know what a S P A C E is in his post and I had to read the post twice before I actually understood what he was saying. He also tries to discourage people from emailing him for pics, not to mention that his prices are DISCUSTINGLY low. The market price for a 100% het pie is around $2000-3500 (depending on sex) and he is asking a measly $1200. I also did a search on kingsnake.com and here at BOI and guess what? I came up with NOTHING!

If someone can prove me wrong...PLEASE DO SO as I don't want to deface a good business, but it just sounds really really really fishy.

Old 12-07-2002, 09:22 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
Lindsay,

There are certain things I don't like of that add.

Quote:
,ok ,these were hatching thurs,and the 100S should hatch aprox tues,I dont have sexes yet,but will by fri,or so,these are out of our line,bred here,2 pieds in 66% clutch(both spoken for 1 is aprox 50%white,the other is 70%,THESE ARE BOTH SOLD)this is the last of the 66%s,we will have some 100% in mid year,price is firm,only will trade for etbs,gtps,albino atrox,or tortises,
The piebalds that were born in the clutch are both sold. Thus, don't ask for their pictures. The 100s will hatch on Tuesday but later in the same paragraph it states in mid-year.

Quote:
payment by paypal at scratch_n_sniff@buttmail.zzn.com
money order sent overnight only all trades you ship 1st
please no pic collectors or big dreamers(if I want that Ill go to the barn) prices do not include shipping,that will be billed to you aprox 36-50.00 dont wait,these arent going to be here long! ,thanks in advance,and God bless!
That's got to be a fake e-mail account and provider. It seems more a joke than nothing else.

Best regards.

Old 12-07-2002, 09:32 PM   #4
Merri
email address

The ad struck as being a bit strange, but buttmail.zzn.com is a real email provider.

Old 12-07-2002, 10:32 PM   #5
Rob BryertonRKK
Hi All, I noticed that add and thought it strange also, I was just @kingsnake class. and the add has been changed? I suppose you could ask for pics of the clutch. It doesn't say he doesn't have them it just says no pic collectors.
I take pics of 50% Het for Albinos, if I hatched out Pieds I would probably have a whole roll of film of them.
$1200 seems pretty low to me too. I would start out @ market price 1st and then decrease the $ within reason if I was desperate.
Later, Rob

Old 12-07-2002, 10:37 PM   #6
Bubafat
Yup...I just notice that too...It has been changed. He no longer says that 100% hets will be available "mid year" but they are available now.

Matt Hennek

Old 12-07-2002, 11:37 PM   #7
goldmoon
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't find any info on this guy, and thought that his add sounded pretty fishy! I was amazed at how low his prices were. I sent him an e-mail out of curiosity the first time he placed an add on Kingsnake for 66% het for pied just hatched out of the egg. (I do believe it was Sunday). Heck his add was up and taken back down within a day which I found odd. Well I did e-mail him to ask for a picutre. He says he doesn't have any pictures yet because they are being developed. It will be interesting to see if he ever sends one....

I'm glad I trusted my instincts on this one though.... That's why I posted here when I couldn't find anything on him. Not saying anything bad..... You just never know these days....

Thanks!
Lindsay Haskins : )

Old 12-08-2002, 10:10 AM   #8
DesiK
Seems Odd!

I also saw both ads, first of all the prices seem really low for 66% and 100% het pieds. Also, in the first ad the 100% hets would not be available till later and then all of a sudden their hatched and ready to go in the second ad! If I'm not mistaken weren't both of these ads placed the same day? I don't think I would do buisness with this person not only because of it being so fishy sounding, but the attitude (couldn't think of a better word to discribe it) he displayed .

Quote:
" no pic collectors or dreamers "
The fact is, if it wouldn't be for dreamers, who's going to by these snakes, the Big Dogs already have them, what do they need his hets for! Not to sound like an idiot, but the fact is that one of the reasons the herp trade keeps going, is because of the dreamers. The facsination and love for such beautiful creatures is what makes the herp world go around! And someone who going to be that arrogant because he may own a high priced item that someone else doesn't have, just doesn't seem very smart. IMHO It just sounds as if he would be someone that would make me feel uncomfortable to do buisness with. It shouldn't matter if its a $25 corn snake or a $20,000 ball python, the fact is you are selling something, and if you don't make your customers feel as if they are important, you won't be in buisness for long!!!!
Thanks for letting me vent, but this is exactly what I thought when I first read this ad.

Now I Feel Better!

Everyone Have A Great Holiday Season!
Desiree' Kane

Old 12-08-2002, 11:43 AM   #9
The BoidSmith
Quote:
CB 02
66% het pieds(from a cluch containing 2 pieds ALLREADY SOLD)BUT THE 66%S ARE AVAIL FOR 250(these are from a het to het breeding
6 100% HET PIED FROM A PIED TO NORMAL BREEDING,1200 ea
BRED AND HATCHED HERE FROM OUR LINE
will haver sexes later in week,reserve now,
open to trades of GTPs or emeralds and some tortises(you must ship first on trades)
pics avail,but please no photo collectors,or dreamers(my barn is full of dreams!)
paypal at scratch_n_sniff@buttmail.zzn.com
or money orders sent OVERNIGHT
these wont be around long at this price,
please serious calls only
price does NOT include shipping,youll be billed 35-55.00
thank you in advance and God bless
Harry
I thought it would be nice to have the add here before it get's deleted.

From what Lindsay said it seems he was waiting for the pictures to be "developed". It seems that he had the money to buy a piebald for let's say $15,000. Maybe it's just me, but if I had that kind of money to invest in a ball python with the prospect of selling the offspring, wouldn't it be nice to invest in a cheap digital camera?

Did he provide with an address just in case you wanted to pay with a money order? Did he provide a phone#?

Old 12-08-2002, 08:24 PM   #10
goldmoon
Well he sent an e-mail today saying he sent me a picture that his son took. I don't think I am having trouble with my e-mail, but there was no picture and there was no attachment of a picture. Something else that strikes me funny is he said the pied is in the pile. The pied? I thought there was two of them? That's what his ad stated or am I crazy?! He even said the picture with the pied in the pile was from the clutch this week.... hmm..... Anyhow he hasn't given out a home address or a phone number. Atleast not to me. He has been sending me e-mails from two different hotmail accounts.

One is: Harry Eisenmann- awsominsect@hotmail.com and the other is: Harry eisenmann- digitalreptiles@hotmail.com. That's all the information I really have on this guy. My instincts are telling me not to even bother with this guy. Even if I do get a picture....I also feel his "attitude" is different I guess you could say.

Tags
bruce eisenmann