Adobe Photoshop pic tester website!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
Johnenewt1
Adobe Photoshop pic tester website!!!

For any of you who would like to know who some of the dishonest breeders are out there (and yes, there are plenty of them), you can now find out for yourself who they are. If you go to: http://regex.info/exif.cgi, you have the option to input any pic, and it will tell you if the program Adobe Photoshop has been used on the pic!

In the first option, you can paste in the web address of the pic... you can get this by right-clicking on any image from an internet page, click on Properties, highlight the URL Address, copy it, paste it into the "Image URL" box on the above website, and then click on "View Image at URL". It will tell you everything about the pic.

Or, in the second option, if the pic is on your computer, first click on the "Browse" button next to "Local Image File" on the above website, find and select the pic that's on your computer, and then click on "View Image from File". It will tell you everything about the pic.

Maybe this will cut back on a lot of the dishonesty that's going on out there, where breeders are misleading the public by using Adobe Photoshop to increase their dragon's color saturation, more than what their dragons really have. Let's try to learn a little more about morality, folks.

John

Old 10-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
Ameivaboy
A lot of people myself included use photoshop on their images- not too "fool" people but to crop and size images etc. I'll use it to open up a dark image as well. People should be asking for multiple photos of animals in different lighting and angles to get the best perception of what they are purchasing.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #3
Johnenewt1
Well then you're someone I would never purchase from. Tainting is tainting, regardless of whether you're increasing the pic's color or cropping its pic. Noone can tell exactly what you're doing in Photoshop. Free programs like Instacropper can crop your images without worrying about any other types of modification. If everyone took their pics in natural lighting, and not under their tank's heat bulb which increases the color in photographs, most times there wouldn't be any question on how the animal looks that they're purchasing.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #4
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnenewt1 View Post
Well then you're someone I would never purchase from. Tainting is tainting, regardless of whether you're increasing the pic's color or cropping its pic. Noone can tell exactly what you're doing in Photoshop. Free programs like Instacropper can crop your images without worrying about any other types of modification. If everyone took their pics in natural lighting, and not under their tank's heat bulb which increases the color in photographs, most times there wouldn't be any question on how the animal looks that they're purchasing.
I guess you would never purchase from me either if this is your opinion.
Every photo in an ad I post, and as far as I know every photo on my website would show that photoshop has been used.
The thing is it doesn't tell you what photoshop was used for.

I keep my camera set on the maximum resolution. I use photoshop to crop, then resize every image I take. For ads I usually add a text layer that has the ID number and often the weight of the snake. The ID number is so I can easily reference the exact snake someone is inquiring about.

I never alter color or anything else like that, but the photoshop tags will be on the picture anyway.
I would bet the same could be said of a large number of people selling online. To refuse to buy from anyone for this reason alone will significantly decrease the number of people you can potentially buy from, and in many cases write them off for no reason at all.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #5
Johnenewt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport View Post
I guess you would never purchase from me either if this is your opinion.
Every photo in an ad I post, and as far as I know every photo on my website would show that photoshop has been used.
The thing is it doesn't tell you what photoshop was used for.

I keep my camera set on the maximum resolution. I use photoshop to crop, then resize every image I take. For ads I usually add a text layer that has the ID number and often the weight of the snake. The ID number is so I can easily reference the exact snake someone is inquiring about.

I never alter color or anything else like that, but the photoshop tags will be on the picture anyway.
I would bet the same could be said of a large number of people selling online. To refuse to buy from anyone for this reason alone will significantly decrease the number of people you can potentially buy from, and in many cases write them off for no reason at all.

That's correct, I wouldn't. Once again you can use other programs like Instacropper to crop your images without causing customers to worry if the color has been modified, because the program does not have the ability to do so. I'm just informing the public of the use of the pic testing website. Whatever conclusions you come to is up to you. I'm sticking with the non-modification program breeders... I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
Southern Wolf
Quote:
That's correct, I wouldn't. Once again you can use other programs like Instacropper to crop your images without causing customers to worry if the color has been modified, because the program does not have the ability to do so. I'm just informing the public of the use of the pic testing website. Whatever conclusions you come to is up to you. I'm sticking with the non-modification program breeders... I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Why would I want to use an inferrior program?

I spent alot of time and money into my photography.... and I use the best software out there to process my RAW data.

And once again... that program wont put my black border or my logo on each and every image I show online.

Do you realize that those of us that take decent images get our images stolen. Thus the reason for the logo. Case in point... I just had to out someone on the BOI for doing just that. He stole my image and used it in his CL ad.

Just because we processes our photos does NOT mean we are bad guys trying to scam the reptile community.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Well you only address one of my uses for photoshop, cropping. Does that program allow you to add watermarks, or text labels to include the weight or ID number?
Perhaps you have a couple of other free programs that do those things and nothing else.....

When you take pics that are the size that the current cameras take by default, you have to crop as well as resize. Then if you wantr to add a watermark, which is a very good idea, you need that functionality as well.
Do you have a free program on hand that does those three things but does not have the ability to alter color or any other aspect of the photo?

I think you would be better off refusing to buy anything that wasn't purchased in person. Very few people will be using a program that is capable of doing what they need done but isn't capable of enhancing the photograph.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
Southern Wolf
Quote:
I guess you wont be buying from me either.... cause my logo dont just magically appear on all of the images inside of the camera. I also shoot my images in RAW format.... and you'll never hear folks say... he makes his images look better than the animal. If anything... I make them look a little duller so your pleasently surprised when the animal arrives.

As a photographer I know how to shoot the best side of something.... but here recently I lost a sale because of my honestly. I showed the animal as it was... not choosing an angle that would hide it being a little thin.

So in the end.... if you dont want to do business with me because the photograper side of me chooses to process my digital negatives in photoshop.... I can live with that.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:44 AM   #9
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Well according to you.... even if you crop the image using a free program like Instacropper.... that photo is still tainted. Maybe you shouldn't buy from you either.

Just sayin.....

Old 10-22-2010, 01:35 AM   #10
Johnenewt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Well according to you.... even if you crop the image using a free program like Instacropper.... that photo is still tainted. Maybe you shouldn't buy from you either.

Just sayin.....
I meant the programs that are capable of altering color, genius.