Bad Guy BEWARE- ANIMAL SPECAILTIES- chico california by Elizabeth Minton - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
Elizabeth Minton
Angry BEWARE- ANIMAL SPECAILTIES- chico california by Elizabeth Minton

Shady Company:i started working at animal specialties on 7th and orange in chico california on 10-29-10. they did not have any paperwork for me to fill out until 11-3-10. i worked there monday, wednesday, and friday working with over 4000 bearded dragons and a few other various reptiles. i asked alot of questions and stuff like that. i did my job well and in the time frames they wanted them done in. i turned in my paperwork on 11-5-10 and i talked to the front office because they had my hours wrong on the paper. i was working from 8:30am to 12 noon on monday and wednesday... not 8:30am to 10:30am. the lady said she would reveiw my hours with the boss... that was friday. saturday the boss called me and laid me off saying my hours werent working for them, they needed full time workers even though their ad said part time... wich they promptly removed.

i am writing this thread to notify you that they are a private breeder who keep their stock of over 4000 beardies in a wearhouse. many of the beardies have caved in backs, bulging irritated eyes, humpbacks, missing limbs, deformed heads, spiral tails, mite infestations, numerous beardie deaths. my first day of work i found 3 dead and then i saw a worker with a plastic dish of 6 dead hatchlings. i have seem cockaroach infestations in bearded dragon tubs and many of their breeders are suffering from these deformities and a fungus called Bumps. they claim they adopt out the beardies who are too deformed to breed which means they still do breed deformed bearded dragons.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
fuzzylogix
this kind of sounds like a disgruntled ex employee venting, but do you have any pictures to back up the claims? i would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has purchased beardies from animal specialties. i breed leopard geckos and due to temp fluctuations, environmental issues, and buried genes.. you will sometimes get deformities. in my case though if the quality of life of the animal is in jeopardy, they are humanely euthanized. are you saying that you witnessed them actually breeding dragons that had deformities?

Old 11-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
deborahbroadus
I feel like slapping you with a NEG for wasting my time reading this, Eliz. You've been around long enough to know the drill. Post some evidence or .....

Old 11-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I feel like slapping you with a NEG for wasting my time reading this, Eliz. You've been around long enough to know the drill. Post some evidence or .....
Passin out more of that hard candy

But I agree. Do you have any proof what so ever?

Old 11-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
Elizabeth Minton
i have a few pics of beadies on my phone but they are healthy ones... sorry. i was fired before i could get any good pictures of them. i know for a fact though that they do not euthanize. if the animal dies it dies or they wait to medicate it until it is too late. i came across 1 with that issue. it was too weak to respond to even being picked up. i was gonna get pics on monday when i went in for work but they fired me yesterday and will not let me back in packaging and shipping. i did witness that. i saw beardies with kinked tails and missing feet in breeder tubs with 2-3 females.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
Elizabeth Minton
then slap me with a neg. i can give a rats bum. just trying to inform people about what i worked with recently that i know people disagree with breeding of kinked or deformed animals. whatever its your choice. i was just giving a warning. got laid off before i could get those pictures. i rarely use this site anhow.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
Shadera
Have you let them know this is here so they can post their side of things?

I tried contacting them, but the number I found didn't work. I figure they'd want to know of accusations like this.

I agree, disgruntled employee. And Elizabeth has already shown before that she'll be vindictive if things don't go her way.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #8
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Minton View Post
then slap me with a neg. i can give a rats bum. just trying to inform people about what i worked with recently that i know people disagree with breeding of kinked or deformed animals. whatever its your choice. i was just giving a warning. got laid off before i could get those pictures. i rarely use this site anhow.
You can't give a "warning." You got fired/laid off...your testimony is tainted. You NEED pics.

Do you at least have a copy of the ad that shows they wanted Part-time workers? Your paperwork showing you were laid off because they wanted someone Full-time?

When all this was happening, why didn't you get pics then if you were so offended? Just asking..no alternative motive.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
JudyC
If what you say is all true...then a warning to the general public is certainly warranted. However...what reason does anyone have to believe you?

If you saw such bad things on your very first day...why would you go back to work there another day? Why would you WANT to keep your job there if things were so horrible?

I'm with Deborah on this one...you simply have to post some proof of your accusations or this whole effort on your part is meaningless. If you had your phone/camera there and were able to get pics of healthy animals, it doesn't make much sense that you wouldn't think to snap some pics of the horrible, disgusting conditions you saw as well. Unless, of course, those conditions didn't mean anything special to you until you were "laid off."

Old 11-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #10
ozz465
I agreb4 me , proof is needed with this type of allegation , especially from a former employee.