Bad Guy Ben Siegel Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
kirkposs
Ben Siegel Reptiles

Well this all started on facebook. He was doing an auction and i devcided to put in a 10 dollar bid, well we all know people where gonna top that, so my notifications started going crazy. So i asked him if i could remove my bid because my phone was going crazy. he then begun to get smart with me and asked me age, i told him i was 16 and asked why. He then got really rude with me and insisted that i didnt have parents permission, when i did. He then said that my parents had to call in and state that it was ok for me to bid. So i then told him i was not gonna bid anymore then, He then told me that i was just a little kid and he didnt have time for me. Keep in mind i have my own credit card and money. So i told him that. Well the thing is he was really rude with me, and kept calling me a little kid. And i will now never do business with him.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
Lucille
In Georgia the age of majority is 18.
http://minors.uslegal.com/age-of-maj...-majority-law/

I can see how he would be concerned with a 16 year old bidding, because generally a 16 year old in Georgia can void contracts.

Remember this is a business forum and I can totally see his point of view.
So he asked for a call from your parents which would be totally appropriate under these circumstances.

I think had you seen his point of view and acted in a mature way and maybe just had your parents call him, everything would have been fine. People make their livelihoods this way, they have a right to assurance of being paid under such circumstances.

There are a lot of smart younger people on this board and I think that most would have been honored to talk to Ben Siegel. With a little flexibility and maturity, trying to see another's point of view, you might have formed a friendship that would have helped you immensely in the reptile world.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
montini
Wink

Do yourself a favor go be a kid!

Old 03-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
sbk94
Quote:
Originally Posted by montini View Post
Do yourself a favor go be a kid!
IDK who you are but that your gonna jump in and post this crap shows that you yourself are immature so I would call you a kid. This is suppose to be a fun hobby. Maybe this 16 year old didn't tell the full story but to jump in like that was dumb on your part. Ben was in the right for wanting to check with the parents before letting him bid if that is the truth. But the rest of you don't have to say it like of yeah he's right because you're a kid.
Steven

Old 03-06-2011, 04:48 AM   #5
kirkposs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk94 View Post
IDK who you are but that your gonna jump in and post this crap shows that you yourself are immature so I would call you a kid. This is suppose to be a fun hobby. Maybe this 16 year old didn't tell the full story but to jump in like that was dumb on your part. Ben was in the right for wanting to check with the parents before letting him bid if that is the truth. But the rest of you don't have to say it like of yeah he's right because you're a kid.
Steven
Exactly as i said i am not mad about wanting to speak to my parents. i had no prob with that. it was when he called me a braty little kid is when i was mad.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkposs View Post
Exactly as i said i am not mad about wanting to speak to my parents. i had no prob with that. it was when he called me a braty little kid is when i was mad.
That's exactly how you're coming across here. The right thing would have been to ignore it and add him to your do not buy from list. There was no reason to post this here because you were mad. Hopefully you'll understand better as you grow up.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
asherah
I have never had anything but good experiences with Ben. I'm buying a boa from him and I gave him a deposit. He has been kind enough to let me hold him there until his cage is finished. So far it's been 2 months.
Thanks Ben. Will definitely buy for you him again.

Asherah

Old 03-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
kirkposs
It wasnt the fact that he told me to have my parents call. It was the point he kept calling me a bratty kid. And monti i am not a kid. I take my pride in reptiles seriously. Lucille as i said it wasnt the fact that he wanted my parents to call. but even before that he was rude VERY rude. And my mom would have gladly called.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
RustyNuts
Ben is a busy man and I know sometimes his replies can be pretty short, direct and to the point but I've never seen him be rude. Was this a conversation on FB, or via text/email? If so, can you post it here?

And have you let Ben know of this thread?

Old 03-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
garweft
So it's his fault you have notifications sent to your phone. Change your FB settings and get on with your life.