My lil' farm - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
My lil' farm

Here is a sketch I threw together on how I think I want my little farm laid out.

Well.. it better be the way I want it cause come Monday we are pouring concrete for the chicken bunker. To many varments around my place likes the taste of chicken and Im not sharing.

After I get the concrete poured for the chickens I will move the forms over and pour for the rabbits. Not sharing those either.

Currently the only thing constructed is my shop. It's a insulated, heated, and air conditioned place to tinker. It's an 8x12.

I will build a processing work station onto the side of it. Here I will have a table with running water, my bird plucker, and anything else I can think of that fits within the processing needs. It will have a covered top and I am thinking of doing slideable translucent wall panels. This way everything stays out of the weather, but I can still work with plenty of natural light even if its raining. If its not raining then I can slide the panels and give myself some breeze.

The Bunny Barn will be a 10x10. At this time Im not sure how many bunnies I can put in there, but I bet its more than I need.

The Chicken Coop will be a 10x10. I have read that I can put 20 birds in a 10x10 coop, plus they will have a 10x10 covered outdoor run.

Next year I hope to have the Turkey Townhouse built. It will have a 10x10 coop and a 10x14 run. I am looking at geting only 2 or 3 turkeys, hopefully this will be big enough for them.

Last to be built will be the nursery. My plans for this is to have a place to incubate and raise up the chicks (both chicken and turkey). It is currently slated as a 10x20 but I actually have room to put two smaller 10x10 buildings there if I change my mind on the size and want to add another critter to the mix. I may also set up a section in there to raise up some bunnies for the next generation.

Anyhow... what do ya think of my little farm
Attached Images
File Type: bmp My Farm Sketch.bmp (288.9 KB, 91 views)