Please Do Not Kill the Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2004, 04:41 PM   #12
Mustangrde1
Glen ive personally seen Gaboons, Fer de lance and Rhinos launch themselves. In fact my closest call was a Fer de that went from the cage between my arm and body and on the floor. In all cases they used the cage to push off. I would expect this to be possible from many species in the wild as well if they were against a tree or rock etc. Deffinately not the norm. As for arboreals I have one pigmy that is constantly in a bush in its cage. This is also one that Found me he was on a palm frawn when we met. Not a pleasant meeting. anything is probable i suppose.

Snake ID is a difficult thing for many people I wish there was better way to ID the local venomous and their look alikes that a layman can easily use. That is one reason for this article I hope to do one in the future for all 4 of the South Floirda Venomous. Perhaps I can reproduce them and hand them out at expos and eco center activities. At least then people would see the hot next to non venomous mimic and then the two seperate IDing them correctly.