First to pay or First to contact? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
Willow
As a hobbyist I agree with a lot of what is being said for both cases

I would be (and have been) more then willing to hold animals for extended periods of time for people without any form of payment in certain situations

I think most hobby breeders would agree that in certain situations you make exceptions for some people.

But I would wonder what everyone would expect in one of the situations Harald pointed out...

What if you run a retail reptile store. What if you have sent a few emails back and forth with someone about an animal you have in the store. They have not yet told you they WILL for sure send you anything money wise, they do seem very interested and you have told them your paypal email, but they are just asking general questions about the snake.

You log offline, unable to go back for a few hours because your store got busy. Someone calls in to your store (or even walks in!) and says I want to buy that animal, I can give you my CC number right now.

What do you do....