Advice pls! How would you handle this situation? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
CanopyCreations
Question Advice pls! How would you handle this situation?

Ok, so I have a bit of a delima. I listed the last few of my chameleon boys and after talking to a guy who had a definite idea of what he wanted for a breeding male I ended up selling him one of my two holdbacks who was right at 4 months at the time. He lives in Canada and I in Texas but he assured me that he was familiar with and capable of getting animals into Canada and had done so before and was getting three other chams at the same time from other breeders. Well after payment I bought shipping from Ship Your Reptiles and got things ready to ship on the agreed day to a FedEx location in Washington state. I dropped off the package and sent him the tracking number. As soon as I sent the tracking info I received an email stating that he just found out he has to have a CITES permit and to not ship- I go rescue the package and have to take it to work with me. He then asked for a lot of info for the permit which I supplied and he sent the application. When a week passed with no news I emailed him and he informed me it would be another 4-6 weeks till the application would be processed. So this started on 10-29 with payment received on 11-10 and attempted shipping on 11-14. From 11-23 to 11-29 I got no info till I asked and was informed it would be 4-6 more weeks.
So essentially I want to know if you would continue to sit on an animal for another month+, try and adjust the price to reflect the care I am providing daily and the easy $200 increase in value due to two months of growth/maturity, or just refund his money and start over. Or if you have other ideas feel free to share! I have never had any problems till now and figure it was bound to happen sometime but I was not prepared for this situation.
Thank you,
Caitlin Tibbets