Savannah Monitor Handling Help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Dfasano56
Question Savannah Monitor Handling Help

I just bought a baby savannah monitor the other day and i was wondering how do i go about interacting with him so in the future he becomes "tame". I understand that you can never really TAME a monitor but i want him to be used to being handled without biting or tail whipping. I have been reading online from various different sites on handling them and i am getting mixed answers. Some sites (and pet store owners) say the only way to get them used to being handled is by obviously handling them often, but other sites say that forced handling will result in stressing your monitor and could cause illness or death. When i try to handle my little baby he runs into his hide like i expect him to do but in order for me to handle him i have to go into his hide and force handle him. I just need some advice from experienced savannah monitor keepers on the proper way to get my sav used to being handled.