Bad Guy Danny Cueva, budding young scam artist - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2017, 06:10 PM   #1
boabasement
Danny Cueva, budding young scam artist

Danny emailed me a few weeks ago looking at one of my female anerythristic Colombian Rainbow Boas priced at $500 shipped. I shipped the animal after receiving his payment via PayPal on 2-16-2017 and arriving in Las Vegas New Mexico noon his time. On 2-18-2017, I received an email from him at 11:19 pm stating that he palpated the animal and was sure that it was a male. Less then 2 hours, there was an email from PayPal that he had opened a case against me, this email arrived at 1:06 am on 2-19-2017, BTW, I had all ready shut down for the day around 10:00 pm on 2-18-2017.
Now, Danny had told me previous to all this BS that he was a grad student down in New Mexico in the field of Herpetology and that he knew what he was doing. Now in my almost 30 years of breeding reptiles and keeping them for over 45 years, I never got the memo that palpating was the preferred way of sexing snakes in the field of Herpetology.
I contacted PayPal and requested that the animal be returned and Danny would receive all of his money upon return of the animal back to me, Sounds easy Right? Nope, I received a box via UPS on 2-23-2017 and opened it to find a box with some crumbled up newspaper and an empty snake bag as well as zero heat packs in the box. Upon further investigation, the lable itself on the box stated that it was shipped 2 day air and the weight of the box was 1 pound, that is less then when I shipped the box with the animal actually in it.
Upon contacting Danny about this Bs, he stated that I was trying to rip him off which is also what he stated to PayPal in his original complaint and denied that what actually happened with a empty box was nothing but a lie on my behalf.
I informed him in no uncertain terms that he was looking at a world of hurt and that I would open a case against him for Interstate Fraud as well as all the false documents he filed with PayPal.
Today, 2-24-2017, I filed a case with my local Police Department and will be submitting that case with PayPal to get my money released back into my account.