Skin Infections, regurging and lumps...oh my! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2005, 12:56 AM   #1
raiquee
Skin Infections, regurging and lumps...oh my!

Well on May 23rd we among many others recieved our ball python shipment from Alex Hue. Needless to say, it has been kinda down hill from there.

First i know these are captive hatched, and i can't expect perfect hatchlings. Do not remind me how they are captive hatched. I want to know what i can do to cure these things listed:

Skin Infections: We have about 5 of the 20 having small hard lumps protruding out of their skin. They are not puss filled, nor very moveable. We believe it's a skin infection and really can't link it to anything else. They are totally clean of external parasites. How can we get rid of this? We have been taking the water dish out and only putting it in twice a week, to lower humidity. They are on newspaper, and we drilled more holes in our boxes. Any body got any other suggestions? We are willing to try

Regurging and yucky stools:

We have noticed that most of our snakes eating, regurg. This is usually linked to problems inside, and we HAVE ordered flagyl from Bean Farm. Is there any way to specially prepare this? Or just mix with water and administer? We do have a copy of one of the books, for proper dosing. They at first had bloody stools, but now they are having like diarrhea. Yuck! I am guessing this is all somewhat linked to internals and flagyl should take care of this? How many times should i treat with Flagyl? And to see if my calculations are correct, how much? The snakes weight between 30 grams and 90 grams.

Hard Lumps in stomach:

We have also noticed on 4 of our snakes, that there is a hard lump in their stomach. It feels like a mouse skull, but thing is these are one snakes that haven't eaten. Any idea?

To just give a run down of our set up, each snake is housed individually in 12 quart boxes with back heat. Their hot spot is between 95-100, with cool spot around 85. They are on newspaper, with a large ceramic water dish for them to fully submerge themselves in. Nothing really fancy.

I appreciate your help guys