Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2005, 01:18 PM   #11
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Gubitz
The ONLY reason he made that "public promise" is because he was under duress, and felt pressured to do it, "or else"!.... period....
That's why he can EASILY change his mind.... because HE IS RIGHT!!.... They ARE two different snakes....
What he's being pressured to do (if he DOES give the money back), is almost extortion.... It's not right, and Bill shouldn't do it....
Can I make myself any clearer for you??....

Neil
Neil,

Let's look at the facts. I'm not commenting here on anyone's veracity. Bill has always been a stand up guy but imagine if it was someone else for a minute.
  • The box came in with a hole in it -- how often does this happen? Do we have UPS documentation of it? If not it is he said, she said
  • Bill got a refund
  • Bill posts a picture of a very similar looking snake which to your eye is different but to others' eyes is the same. Remember that photographs are two dimensional representations of thee dimensional objects and what look like straight lines and relative distances can be easily distorted. If you doubt this, look at DAND's avatar.
  • Bill's digital camera is gone. Again, not a comment about Bill, just being objective.
There is enough of an appearance of impropriety, there or not, that unless Bill follows through, as he will, it will forever be a stain on his stellar reputation, especially in light of the fact that he has already promised to do so.

For some of us, our word to do something is compelling enough, even when we believe that we are "right". Perhaps, Neil, your word means less to you than that. Now, "Can I make myself any clearer for you??...."