Reptile Ron's Online Reptile Superstore - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2005, 10:29 PM   #1
madamwlf
Angry Reptile Ron's Online Reptile Superstore

Okay, here is the story. Back on August 9, 2005 my husband placed an order through Reptile Ron's Online Reptile Superstore for 2 t-shirts and 3 very large non-tipping bowls for our burms. Apparently we placed the order right before the big Dayton Reptile show and we were told the order will get filled once the supplier returned from the show. We were told this a week after the order was placed (8/18/05). Not a problem at all for us. Then we got another email stating one of the t-shirts had been discontinued and he needed to pick another one. This was two weeks later after the order was placed (8/24/05). The first shirt arrived sometime around the 30th of August and my husband sent him an email the same day inquiring about the bowls. We were told they would be arriving soon and to be patient. This was the first time we heard of his health issues.

September was a rough month for us. We bought a house, moved and then sold a house. Busy and it flew by. My husband emailed him again on October 3, 2005 inquiring yet again about the bowls. We were told he was in the hospital due to his diabetes and to be patient yet again. By 12 October we were told the bowls were on back order. By this time my husband had picked another t-shirt which happens to be out of print as well. Around the 19th of October, Ron stated he would refund our money and basically that is where we still sit.

Since then he has given nothing but excuses on why he can't refund our money quite yet. The purchase was made with Paypal using a credit card. I know Paypal has their limit but hopefully we can still file a claim with the credit card company. This is completely bad business sense on Ron's part.

Oh, one more thing. My husband did pick another shirt that we were told was shipped on December 7, 2005 but for some reason we still have not received it. I doubt we ever will either.

Give me a second and I will post all the emails. Thanks.

Jeannie M. Cumbo