Sunshinedragons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #11
Neverland Dragons
It seems pretty clear that Bruce is trying to divert attention from Sunshine Dragons and take as many cheap shots at Cheri S as possible. The only reason that he was singled out is because he admitted to selling babies that tested positive for the virus. Yes, they may never get sick. My 2 year old male Clyde never did. But, that does not mean that they are not carriers and not capable of spreading the virus. Is it an absolute? We do not know. Is it possible. Absolutely, it happened in my colony this season. To think that he would knowingly sell babies that could have the same end result as my experience just astounds me. I have a feeling we have not seen the last of Sunshine on the BOI. Give those babies a chance to grow up and I will bet that we will see people with non thriving dragons and/or future clutches being infected. I would think one should error on the side of caution and not choose the path Sunshine has. It is his choice to make and he will have to live with the consequences.

One more note on Cheri Smiths' credibility and integrity. I contacted her when I first started having babies die and went through the whole process of finding out the cause with her support. We both did not think it was adenovirus. The night I found out it was in fact adeno, I was devastated. And, Cheri was in the hospital being prepared for surgery the next day. Do you know that she found out and called me from the hospital to see how I was doing? She did that because she cares and knew how much I was going through. In addition, she never once told me what I should do about the virus. I went back in forth between just containing it and starting again next year, and with bringing it public to try and get the word out. She just listened and let me choose what I felt was best for my situation. To me, that speaks volumes for her character. I for one, am grateful that she has such a passion for bearded dragons and to do right by them. People may not always agree with her, but I do not think her motivation is anything other than a love for the species.