Heavy parasite load found in ball python from Ed Clark - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2007, 01:48 AM   #11
cookreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Absolutely, and I have no doubts whatsoever about your integrity. Would you think it would be the right thing to do for this hypothetical person to post about such a matter on the BOI? If you (and others I respect) think that is a perfectly ok and acceptable thing to do in a situation like this then perhaps my brain is foggy from lack of sleep and a rather irritating migraine headache I have had all day, but in my state of mind at the moment, I have to say that is not only an unprofessional thing to do, but in basic terms, well, it was a really, really uncool thing to do as well. Again, maybe I am missing something here, and I do understand your reasoning about wanting to warn others and give them a heads up to have fecals done on snakes purchased from Ed, but should not that be something for Ed to do himself, and not on a public forum, but rather privately via telephone and email?
If someone found parasites in an animal I sent them and we were not able to come to terms privately I would expect them to post about it here. That's what the BOI is for whether I like it or not.

If I am uncool for posting a heads up to those who have purchased from Ed I'm okay with that. I personally feel that it is a serious issue, and I would certainly want to know if someone else found this level of parasite infestation in a snake that came from the same source as one of my own animals.

I would like to think that Ed would take the opportunity to privately contact his customers upon my notification of the issue, but I can't trust that that would happen and I let him know that I would be posting about it here beforehand.