Bad Guy Exotic Pets (Ken Foose) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
rattyrugrats
Exotic Pets (Ken Foose)

I recently purchased a male argentine boa from Exotic Pets in Las Vegas. Prior to purchase, I also inquired about his temperament and was told that he was very good and did not bite. The day I received him, Friday, February 27, I noticed that the tip of his tail was missing. I could feel the bone slightly protruding from the tip, a little off center, so I emailed him right away about possible solutions. He said that all he could do was have me return him and that he would refund my money, minus the cost of shipping him back. I didn't want to be out shipping money so I asked him if maybe he could just give me a discount, but he said that he couldn't. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so I held on to him for a few days. When I went to handle him, he puffed up, hissed like crazy, and would strike the glass (would have struck something else if I didn't close the door). I figured he might be scared so I let him cool off and just started by petting him with a plastic hanger (I don't own a hook yet). Then I began reaching in and trying to pet him, but he would pull away. He obviously did not want me to mess with him. After some consideration, I decided to return him. I shipped him out on Monday, March 9, and he was signed for early on March 10. I then waited for my credit card account to update to see my refund. I was shocked when the refund appeared as only the price of the boa and did not include the original cost of shipping! So now I'm out the original shipping cost AND the cost of shipping him back!
Here's some emails he sent me regarding the possible solutions.

Re: Message about: Baby Argentine Boa
To: Horsevaulting@aol.com
Cc:Bccate:Fri, 27 Feb 2009 6:48 pm

As far as I could tell he was perfect. I'm sorry if I missed the tail, I had no idea. All I know is that I fed him every week when he was here, cleaned his cage and showed him to a lot of customers. He's a very aggressive feeder by the way, so you will enjoy that. He's never turned down a meal. Now, as far as the tail goes, there's really nothing I'm able to do about it. I believe you, so no photos are needed. But besides that, he's a perfect, healthy and very nice boa. If by chance you don't want him because of the tail. I'll be more then happy to take him back and give you a full credit for him, including the shipping I charged to send him to you. I'm not able to pay for the shipping back though, sorry. Anyway, just let me know what you'd like to do and we'll go from there.

Thanks, Ken
Exotic Pets LLC
2410 N. Decatur #160
Las Vegas NV 89108
(702) 631-7387
fx (702) 631-7367
www.Exoticpetslv.com

Re: Message about: Baby Argentine Boa
To: Horsevaulting@aol.com
Cc:Bccate:Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:45 am

I'm not able to do anything at all except take the snake back and give you a refund for him. Then I'll up the price on him $35 to cover my cost to ship him to you and sell him again. In this economic troubled time it's about the only thing I can do just to stay afloat. He'll more then likely just sell here in the store, as about 95% of my business is walk in traffic. I'm sorry I'm not able to discount him for you, but it's the sign of the times.

Thanks, Ken
Exotic Pets LLC
2410 N. Decatur #160
Las Vegas NV 89108
(702) 631-7387
fx (702) 631-7367
www.Exoticpetslv.com

Thanks for reading!
Jessica Miller