Bad Guy AOL Screen Name "aakkimallin" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
Ralphieeeee
AOL Screen Name "aakkimallin"

Hello all,
Just wanted to let you know I was almost stupid enough to fall for a scam. This guy, aakkimallin, instant messaged me a day or two after I posted in DesiK's vpi black pastel ball python for sale and pretended to be Ed and Des Kane. He talked to me saying he was going to leave for the army so he had to cut down on what he had with snakes and tried to sell me a snake he actually did'nt have. He tried getting me to do a payment plan and send him $100 up front and he'll ship the snake out then I pay the remaining $150 or $175 by the first Saturday after i get the snake. This all happened yesterday so I told him I would get back to him last night or by today If i was to scrounge up any money. He kept instant messaging me every 3 hours or so within the day and it seemed a little pushy. He kept telling me to do a Western Union money transfer and he would send the snake out. Well it finally dawned on me I should at least look up his AOL screen name on google to see if there's any feedback on him or any other info. I found a few pages of poker forums that said the user of that screen name is a scammer and used a few other aliases as well. Deczero05 and djroac01 are two other known aliases he uses. He likes to scam people out of an even $100 it looks like. Here's one of the links I got when googling his aol screen name, aakkimallin... http://www.maketransfer.com/forums/r...1-scammer.html But yeah once I caught on to this scam, I pm'ed DesiK to talk about the deal and he told me that he doesn't even have AOL Instant Messenger. I don't have the whole convo saved. This is all i have left of it since I sent it to DesiK to show him what I was talking about:

aakkimallin (3:27:50 PM): Hi. Are you there?
TippmannTurner (3:28:05 PM): sup
aakkimallin (3:28:09 PM): I am messaging you in responce to a fauna thread you replyed to stating you were interested
aakkimallin (3:28:15 PM): in my VPI Black pastel

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that you should talk through pm's and not just instant messanger before doing a deal. And save all your convos with deals as well via instant messanger for documentation just in case you do get scammed. I wish I got his contact info before I confronted him, but my friend actually know's the guy from another forum so I might be able to get more info on him. Has anyone else had this guy contact them? Let me know. Thanks.