Replies: How do you know? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-18-2004, 02:34 AM   #1
Angee
Replies: How do you know?

Took all of your advices; I had my male leo {Tyson} seen by a vet today, and just like you all predicted he does have parasites. She gave him dewormer, and I have to go pick up a purscription for him on Monday. I also had him weighed today; only 11grams. She gave me some canned food to force feed him with a syringe. At first he didn't take to kindly to this but eventually liked it very well. The vet also wants me to bring in my female {Gloria} to have her dewormed as well, which I will also do on Monday. I'm not to sure how much she weighs but I predict that she's about three times the size of Tyson.

Just have a couple more questions though;
When would be best time to place cali sand back into the tank; or should I even bother now?
What do I do with the mealworms that have turned into beetles?
My leos have no interest in them and rather get quite anoid by them. My Cousin has a veiled camelion, she tried feeding him these beetles, but thinks that he doesn't care for the taste.

Oh yeh, to answer your question, Vince, yes I have witnessed my leos drinking from the fountain. As well, Since I put the fountain back into their tank my male lays inside of it just before he is ready to shed. Has helped with the shedding problem. I'm wondering now though, could this be where my leo has picked up the parasites or worms? I let the crickets run free in the tank and they tend to climb inside of it, drown and then plug up the pump. Since the fountain is so big I only take it out of the tank once a month to give it a good cleaning. Another good reason could be, my mealworms and superworms climb out of the dish under the sand and on occasion I have seen them around the toilet area.

Any suggestion on how to keep my mealies and especially my supers from escaping would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx to all,
Ang

Old 04-18-2004, 04:11 PM   #2
riverjop
????????????????????????????????

calci-sand- don't reuse the old sand trhow it out!
start with new sand!
completly clean the cage, you can use water & bleach 1 part bleach to 10 parts water, or there abouts. soak all of your cage "things" IE: rock, branchs, etc...making sure they are compleatly submerged in the water.
generaly clean everything GOOD!
mealie beetles- Get a plastic sweater box and fill it with rolled oats, grain, bran, stuff like that. about half full make sure it has ventalation...small holes in lid or high up on the sides (holes smaller than the beetles so they won't escape) Throw in some vegies and a piece of wood (not cedar) for the beetles to lay eggs, throw in the beetles and wait.......... in a few weeks you'll be raising your own mealies.
And it sounds like the "fountain" is more work than it's worth all you really need is a small container for water with .....like a rock...or is it a pebble? for the crickets to climb out.
Remember the Leopard Geckos come from a "arid land"
have fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 004.jpg (24.1 KB, 51 views)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!