Bad Guy Emiley Jones (Emileypaige776) - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #191
jdshscja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
Bridgette, let's get back on track for a minute. This BOI thread is here FOREVER for your potential customers to read before deciding if they want to do business with you (at least I ALWAYS search a new potential seller before sending them my money).

To recap what they are going to read: YOU advertise falsely, YOU believe it's kosher to keep monies sent to you even when you DON'T HAVE what the money was sent for, and when you're finally convinced to "refund" money, you send it the wrong way and tell them to go because you don't care what happened to their fees!!!!!

I think that about sums it up. Anybody really want send this person your hard-earned money??? I know she'll never see a dime from me!!
While I agree with your overall opinion of this seller, I'm not understanding how she falsely advertised. If I missed that in here somewhere then feel free to correct me but I don't see that at all. There's plenty this seller did do wrong but there's no reason to just add on things she didn't do.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #192
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkissmyhorsex View Post
Emileys original $300 went back to her (if it didnt I don't know where it went because I never had it) and my pay backs came back to me. Her money was placed back in her account, mine was placed back in mine. I dont know what you would like me to do here.
All anyone wants you to do is THE RIGHT THING. It's not our fault, and it's CERTAINLY not your buyer's fault that you don't know how to use PayPal correctly. I would think that someone intending to receive and disburse money with such a tool would at least educate themselves on how to use it.

Your reasoning here is ludicrous... it would be like never taking the time to learn how an ATM works, withdrawing money every day for a week, and then storming into your bank demanding that they refund you your withdrawal fees. Just because YOU didn't take the 5 minutes to learn how to do a proper refund doesn't mean your CUSTOMER should have to pay for YOUR ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkissmyhorsex View Post
What would you all like me to do, give Emiley $11 out of my pocket? I'm sure you would.
YES! ABSOLUTELY! IT WAS -YOUR- FAULT SHE'S OUT THE MONEY!

Old 03-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #193
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdshscja View Post
While I agree with your overall opinion of this seller, I'm not understanding how she falsely advertised. If I missed that in here somewhere then feel free to correct me but I don't see that at all. There's plenty this seller did do wrong but there's no reason to just add on things she didn't do.
I was referring to her advertising a "group" of animals for $300. When Emiley sent Bridgette $300 for said "group", only some of the animals remained and Bridgette thought it would be proper business to force Emiley to accept substitutions that Bridgette chose. I believe that is called "bait & switch", but I call it false advertising.

I agree that nothing else (inaccurate) should be added to her list of "wrong-doings", but I don't believe I did so with this one. If I misread something, I'll be the first to apologize and rescind my statement.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #194
Matt2979
Quote:
If I misread something, I'll be the first to apologize and rescind my statement.
**EDIT** I'll apologize (I mean that I would be the only one to apologize if I made false/wrongful accusations...nobody else needs apologize for any of my mistakes)

Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #195
jdshscja
Quote:
I was referring to her advertising a "group" of animals for $300. When Emiley sent Bridgette $300 for said "group", only some of the animals remained and Bridgette thought it would be proper business to force Emiley to accept substitutions that Bridgette chose. I believe that is called "bait & switch", but I call it false advertising.
I see what you're saying but since the seller changed the ad well before payment was sent I'm not willing to call it false advertising. If she had said the original group was still available and then said nevermind but you can have these instead, then I would agree. Was it an attempt at strong-arming the customer, definitely but it's really just semantics at this point, so I guess we'll just have to disagree about it.

More importantly can the buyer confirm if paypal has reversed all the transactions now or is she is still out the $11?

Old 03-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #196
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdshscja View Post
I see what you're saying but since the seller changed the ad well before payment was sent I'm not willing to call it false advertising. If she had said the original group was still available and then said nevermind but you can have these instead, then I would agree. Was it an attempt at strong-arming the customer, definitely but it's really just semantics at this point, so I guess we'll just have to disagree about it.

More importantly can the buyer confirm if paypal has reversed all the transactions now or is she is still out the $11?

I stand corrected. I had forgotten that the "timing" (between time money was sent and time the ad was changed to say, "Sold") had gone back and forth a few times. According to Dennis Hultman in post #35, Bridgette actually did reflect "SOLD" in her ad a little more than 30 minutes before Emiley's payment was sent.

Based on the above, I apologize for adding the accusation of false-advertising and I take it back, but I stand behind everything else I wrote in post #190.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!