Egg growing mold - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-22-2004, 11:13 AM   #1
Happy Jack
Egg growing mold

My first ever eggs, and one has started to grow mold

i looked thru the old posts and found on that sayed to try using fugal powder so that what i did, hope it helps. other one seems to be doing good still.

do you all think i should seperate them?

Old 05-22-2004, 11:47 AM   #2
riverjop
I would definatly seperate the bad one from the good!
I also would like to hear back from the people who have used the foot powder, for any possible future mold problems?????

Old 05-22-2004, 01:44 PM   #3
chondrokeeper
I've had success using an anti-fungal on fertile snake eggs that begin to mold. However, I've never had fertile leo gecko eggs model. Any leo eggs that I've had mold have always been infertile eggs. Another thing observed by myself and others with snake eggs is that mold on the moldy eggs generally doesn't spread to healthy fertile eggs. This can be a problem especially since snake eggs tend to be stuck together in a mass. Leopard gecko eggs tend to be unstuck to one another, so the spreading of mold is unlikely unless it is via the incubation substrate.

Chris

Old 05-25-2004, 10:28 AM   #4
Happy Jack
well, i lost the egg growing mold. even with using the fungal powder. it started to get slimy looking and grew more mold. i can only assume it was a bad egg.

the other one is doing good still. i candled it for the first time yesterday, its yelowish inside with a red spot and what looks like viens, i'm hoping that means its fertile, but it is her first clutch, so it wouldn't suprise me if this one went bad too.

Old 05-25-2004, 01:07 PM   #5
Sybella
If it felt like a water balloon, rather than a marshmallow, to the touch, it was a bad egg anyway.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!