New show in Denver? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
GoliathWorms
Rick Baker,
Thanks for the info. I am a avid herpetoculturist, although you will NOT see me selling any animals at our shows because that is considered competition for the vendors. That would be unethical of me. Vendors already have enough competition, the last thing they need is to compete with the show promoter. Not to mention, we are too busy running around making sure all the vendors are comfortable and the crowd is having a good time. Reptile shows are a true passion for me, I have been going to them since 1993. I can't get enough of them. Last year, I was given the great privilege to co-author the industry's only set of reptile show guidelines called the Reptile Show Best Management Practice (BMP). The other co-authors were Zoo Med Laboratories and Andrew Wyatt of USARK. I will be posting these industry guidelines soon for the public to view and critique.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
JustChad04
Ah man I agree with everyone else. A Show at Co. Springs would be great! Very large community here!!!

Old 01-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #13
AltitudeExotics
you guys should do more than 1 show a year here. I would suggest 2 a year in colorado springs. You could draw crowds from Denver as well as the southern region of the state. Also 2 a year in fort collins would be good, you'd still get the Denver crowd as well as fort collins and Wyoming.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #14
JustChad04
They would make a killing is Co. Springs IMO. Not taking anything from doing it from Denver btw, just saying large college and military community here (not to mention the herpers) that would love to pay and see some exotic reptiles! Heck i'd pitch in to help a table even though I dont have anything to sell atm I'd just help the community!

I agree w/ Brian, Co Springs is more centrally located in the state and would possibly draw more crowds from all corners of the state since its more accessable.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #15
leovogel
We need to do a show in Denver! The one we have is horrible. There is a no competition thing with the current promoter.
I have been playing with the idea of having one for the last couple of years. I would love to help with a show in Denver. There are over 4 million people within an hour of down town.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #16
leovogel
We would be able to have a USARK booth!

Old 01-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #17
JustChad04
A USARK booth would be good. Get some donations to start up a lawsuit against this rediculious python ban

Old 01-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #18
leovogel
That is what we are trying to do!

Old 01-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
T-BONEZ
I do the current show now, have for almost a year, I would def do a springs show to if available and would def be all over a Ft. Collins or Greeley or something like that show.

Is there anyway to stay in the loop besides here? I very rarely troll through the stuff on forums.

If you have a email list please add me... trevor@t-bonezpythons.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!